Popular yo-yo that you just couldn't get into?

I gave the sk a solid two months. I tried different bearings and strings. I also bought it impulsively on a whim. There was like almost no hype built up for it. It is an excellent yoyo, don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t like it. I tried to like it, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Same thing happened with the CLYW Compass. I tried so hard to like that one too, but it just wasn’t for me.

2 Likes

It saddens me to say Parlay and Presciption.

Really dug how they felt in the hand but they just did not speak to me on the string.

Could just be I’m terrible at yoyoing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 Likes

I think all of us believe we are “terribleto some degree. Or at least “terrible” at certain things.

4 Likes

I love most of my one drops except the MMC, but my only gripe with them is that all of their side effect yoyos feel the same to me weight Wise with a very minor change depending on the side effects

1 Like

Hmm…

I suck at yo-yoing, but I love the Parlay. Of course everyone should probably take my opinions with a grain of salt, as I’m the person who keeps saying I have fun with the Velocity!

I would add Horizon Ultra and Bakemono to the list, but was either one popular?

4 Likes

At least you’re not some kind of monster who has fun with the DV888

4 Likes

Like me?

6 Likes

:rofl: I’m pretty sure I could have some fun with it! Never tried one though…

3 Likes

I really wanted to like the Parlay. I dig its shape and size. It was the Belmont colorway, which made me even more sad that I couldn’t get into it.

Weirdly enough, I traded my Parlay for a Siren v2 and that sang to me. Go figure.

5 Likes

Yeah, preferring the DV888 to the Sk8r… is a bit :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Haha. I think I need to give the Sk8r a bit more playtime.

2 Likes

I didn’t hold on to the KoOlau edge too long, not really sure why. Maybe it was too wide.

2 Likes

And me?

1 Like

A little older but the Cascade. Loved the way the yo-yo looked and felt in the hand (it’s objectively a great yo-yo) but for whatever reason just never clicked with the play.

4 Likes

I was thinking, if you like the shape, try the Recess Charm. It is pretty close to a bimetal Cadence. And being a bimetal, it has lots of rim weight + spin.

Remember the player who the cadence is a signature for, used to be sponsored by Recess… and given the exact timing of the release, and his switch to a new team (SF)… as well as the overall similarity between the two yo-yos… it sure feels like the Charm was supposed to be the Cadence, as originally designed.

SF has such a cachet you could easily trade a Cadence 1-for-1 to get a Charm, I would think.

5 Likes

I have one. I find it a bit wider than I generally like and for whatever reason it just feels very ordinary (for a bimetal) to me. It doesn’t stand out in any way, and so I don’t really ever find myself reaching for it. If I’m in the mood for something wider than usual (for me), I’m much more likely to grab one of my Edges, which I feel perform way better. The Charm is likely to be the first of my bimetals I will sell off someday.

2 Likes

So add the Recess Charm to your list… :grin:

1 Like

Just halfswap them for +1 to bimetal stat

6 Likes

I didn’t include the Charm in my original reply because I didn’t think it was considered “popular” enough to fit the intent behind this topic. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ouch! :rofl:

1 Like