Please close - with the help of the community the problem was solved

SELLERS BEWARE

Do NOT do business with AReturnTops Eddie Jia

Below is the timeline of events:
• May 18th: He messaged me about buying a few of the yo-yos I had for sale and we made a deal for a MMC and a 420.
• First red flag: He sent the money PayPal but the address he wanted sent to did not match. He had a China address on the PayPal and wanted it shipped to a California address. It took a sec to explain but they finally made the correction. If your familiar with PayPal rules, if I had shipped to US address and he had a China address associated with his PayPal account he could have put in a claim and my tracking would have shown Me not shipping to his address and they would awarded him his money back.
• 2nd red flag: I was doing multiple sales at the same time and realized that 2, including this seller, were from China and they gave me the same US address to ship to. I panicked thinking this was a scam. I messaged both sellers. They explained to me they do this to save on shipping and that they both knew each other.
• I won’t give the whole address but it was shipped to: —— (edit: the person who does this asked me to take there personal info down. Out of respect for them I did.)
• 3rd red flag: the second buyer, *****, he requested I remove his name, (remember they said they were friends), on here started saying how he is Jensen Chinese partner. And wrote, “ Every time I sell a new product, I know it in advance, and then bring it back to China for sale according to the plan. I have also prepared a lot of promotional activities in China.” (I confirmed with Jensen that this is true. He said they “act kind of weird” and “get competitive with each other” and they are trying to get the exclusive contract).

June 10th: AReturnTops then
messaged me saying he receive the 420 with some
really bad damage.
The type of damage you don’t accidentally miss.
One of the marks took out the powder coat completely down to the metal.
There is NO WAY I would have shipped a yoyo described as mint with the amount of damage he sent in the pictures

• Caught in a lie: During our discussion on the dispute I asked if his friend from CA opened the package. He said they did not. This did not make sense to me because I shipped the 2 sets yo-yos (remember I shipped his friends to the same address) separately and there was no label to know which yoyo was which. Then I looked at the picture he sent and you can clearly see a box of yo-yos under the 420. Proving his friend did open the package. If they had not this would have been a box full of boxes. You can see in the screen shots where he starts back tracking because he was caught in a lie.
  • Once he admitted his friend takes them out the box to put all yo-yos in another box to save in shipping I then asked why wouldn’t he check for damage while it’s still in the US?? It’s so much harder/expensive to do an international return.
  • He later explains the yoyo wasn’t even shipped to him in China but a friend.
  • that’s two people who have touched this yoyo before him and he wants to make me responsible. Plus one of them took it out the packaging, repackaged to then ship to another person to open. I can’t be responsible for that.
  • Now I can’t even put in a insurance claim because the yoyo was delivered to the US address such a long time ago.

What I believe happened/is happening: he was either dooped by one of his two friends, the yoyo was repackaged poorly (you can see in the picture all of the yo-yos were thrown in one big box) when shipped internationally, or he has a bootleg a/rt powder coated grail with damn age and that’s the picture he sent.

He has zero feedback. And just joined YEE this past April.

You can check my feedback here (FYI, his friend just left positive feedback):

Just so we are clear, I would never do this to someone. Especially For a measly few hundred dollars AND I have more yo-yos to sell. I was planning on posting more then what I have up now this week.

He has a PayPal case open and I am hoping all of my screen shots and convo is enough proof for PayPal to protect me. If anyone has any suggestions to help my case please DM me.

6 Likes

I need a problem summary. You have good documentation, but what in a few sentences is the issue? I had a little problem getting there.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Buyer bought 420 and MMC.
Buyer is from China and requested I ship to US address.
When shipped 420 was mint.
It arrived at CA address, no complaints. Their friend repackaged the yoyos with other yo-yos in one big box and shipped to a friend of the buyer in China.
After two folks touched and 1 repacked the yoyo for international shipping now he is claiming it’s got all this damage.

3 Likes

Yea no way, you posted and made the sell and from that point a whole other person was in the middle. Its always buyer beware. Thats totally on him. If there was damage from shipping its his responsibility to contact the mail carrier but damage like that… i would guess the second person. Not your responsibility

6 Likes

Thanks. I hope PayPal sees it this way. He is trying to get a partial refund. Which I also find to be suspicious. If I bought a yoyo like this I would want my money back. The thing was super vibey mint. If that truly is my yoyo with new damage then the vibe would be just unplayable. Why would you want to keep it?

Got it. Definately not on you, and keep your summary to Paypal as concise as possible, THEN the documentation. 9/10 the summary is what they want first, then the backup.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. This is my first time dealing with PayPal dispute. Really appreciate it!

Thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Sure, basically the buyer/buyer associate damaged the goods after it arrived safely, and is casting blame in the wrong direction? A 3rd party not part of your responsibilities.

4 Likes

Exactly. :pray: :pray:

1 Like

This is comedy now. What the hell is all the white stuff???!?!?!

1 Like

And now I looked at the PayPal details and he’s only asking for a $100 partial refund. Say you paid $350 for a MINT powder coat 420 and it arrives with ALL that damage plus whatever that white ■■■■ is and only ask for a $100 refund?!?!?!

Come one. For real?

3 Likes

Did you ship it with the white silicone like that or did he re-silicone it after he got it and then report the damage? Only asking because i’m pretty sure both my ART came with clear silicone, and it was installed much cleaner than that.

6 Likes

Heck no! It was mint when I shipped to his friend in CA. Weird thing is he didn’t even complain about the messy silicone. Only the damaged.

I’ve come to the conclusion he is either trying to pass a counterfeit 420 as mine or one of his friends switched it out. 2 of his friends touched the yoyo before him. One of them took it out of my packaging, re-packed it and shipped to China.

I also just noticed in the PayPal dispute homie is only asking for a $100 partial refund.

Would you pay $350 for a mint powered coat 420, receive it with all of this damage and mess silicone and then only ask for a $100 partial refund???

I think not. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

If you didn’t send it with white silicone installed then it’s definitely suspicious.

2 Likes

You can see that the silica gel is white in his picture, so why is it fake? He is lying.

Nice blurry picture. SMH.

This is the best I could get with the pictures I got. Doesn’t look nearly as messy to me. Color is a tough call with the light. Can you see any of the damage???

1 Like

Great! But this picture is not in the product you released. Is it possible that you have two 420’s and sent me a damaged one?