Other hobbies, passions, interests?

No I haven’t actually, I’ll look into him. I mostly listen to someone called Jay Wegter.

He’s an old testament scholar who wrote a book called the Unseen Realm. Very insightful look at a matrix of ideas that runs through the entire Bible that gets very little attention. I’d highly recommend the read, if you’re into that kind of thing.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! I’ll check it out.

1 Like

What? I can have other hobbies, passions, and interests in addition to yoyoing? COOL!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

@smileypants707 I’m also a jesus lover, so I appreciate others saying so.

In addition to yoyoing I’m a gym rat and a competitive arm wrestler.

3 Likes
4 Likes

@smileypants707 Woooooow!!! That girl has NO give up in her!!! The bigger girl was in arm break position which is bad. But jesus, shes a future champ for sure if she keeps up with it. Are they your girls??

1 Like

No, lol just something I stumbled accross on Reddit a while back. Cracks me up every time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

She reminds me of a little female Allen fisher

I’m at the 18:41 mark in the green shirt

2 Likes

Sheesh, I bet you’ve got a mean breakaway man

2 Likes

I throw break aways WAY too hard and mess myself up by over shooting what I intended to do. My strength doesnt help me in the yoyoing world. :frowning:

3 Likes

Nope sorry get back in the yo-yo box!!!

3 Likes

Same here. Break aways into trapeze not working for me at all…

2 Likes

I’m working on trapeze now and seem to be getting it fairly quickly.

Apart from this, which admittedly is a very new hobby, I’m into anything outdoors.

3 Likes

Good for you, man. I’m amazed when I see people throw a graceful and elegant trapeze and land that thing perfectly on the string like the axle had a GPS in it. I’m just missing something and it’s frustrating because I want to be able to do double or nothing badly.

2 Likes

I had to trick myself because every time I put the string where I thought it needed to be, I missed by about an inch. I just moved it an inch from where I thought it needs to be and I’m hitting it fairly regularly. Now, graceful? That’s another story…

2 Likes

Yes! For me, to throw a perfect sleeper I need to throw it down off center to my left - as opposed to directly dead center in front of me. Why? Who knows? It works!

The trick to learning the trapeze is to shorten the string wrap around your finger. Don’t try to hit it swinging half the string around. Shorten it up to 6-7 inches to start, increase the swing length as you get better.

3 Likes

This.

It seems like if the yoyo is going to land half-way between my finger and my throwing hand, I miss every time. However, when it’s like 5" - 6", I hit it almost every time. However, I bit myself earlier by having it too close and it grabbed and slammed into my finger.

A week ago I would have told you that playing with a yoyo was absolutely safe.

2 Likes