Once in a lifetime yo-yo collection for sale, California locals only

What’s wrong with Jeff just doing what he wants to with these?

9 Likes

He will. people are just throwing out ideas for him.

4 Likes

He seems pretty set on his idea though.

1 Like

Jeff is a flexible thinker.

2 Likes

Touche.

Where you hiding all the DV888s?

26 Likes

I’m really confused. You’re getting rid of these because you don’t want to have so much stuff, but you only want to sell it to someone who will hoard the stuff?
Like, I totally get the idea of selling it all to one person so you don’t have to deal with 500+ transactions and all that shipping nightmare. But it seems weird to stipulate that it has to be someone who will keep the collection all together. I’m just wondering what’s your reasoning there?

7 Likes

those are the 5 or 6 he’s saving :wink:

13 Likes

this.

10 Likes

Do you have any original Duncan Freehands in your collection? Only interested in the lot if you have any Freehands in there. Thanks.

2 Likes

I regret selling my collection when I got out of the hobby now that I’m back in. But at the same time whatever life goes on. I miss my galactic goose the most I think :joy:

4 Likes

giphy (1)

15 Likes

Shot you a PM. It’s definitely important, so I’m happy to help if possible. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

It makes it more difficult for people who just want to “help out” have first dibs on the items they really, really, really, really want before the good stuff’s gone. :laughing:

6 Likes

I love how all the chairs tipped over. :joy:

2 Likes

I think the idea is to find a trustworthy person that will buy the collection that he can trust to make sure the right yo-yos go to the museums and the other yo-yos go to the right people at the right price.

I think his only mistake was discussing the cost on the listing cuz that’s all anyone is focusing on.

This is super super simple.

He spends a week finding a trustworthy person.

That person flies out and gets the catalogue from
Him of what each Yoyo is.

That person does a batch camera session taking images of each Yoyo and creating a spread sheet.

A group of well known trustworthy and knowledgeable people in the community come together and do the math so the person doing the leg work breaks even and keeps a couple throws. Then those yo-yos are priced at a HUGE discount and then the only hard part is deciding which home is the right home for the ones that didn’t go to museums. Say 2 people want 1 specific one. That’s hard for anyone to decide on and a bidding war should not be the solution xuz that brings the money back into it. So maybe it’s, does person A want another available Yoyo ? We work it out as a group.

You guys HAVE to understand. There are only 2 endings to this large of an event.

This either is done correctly by the collective and STRENGTHENS the entire community cuz we handle it like adults.

Or somebody grabs them, we lose a ton of rarities that belong in museums, we get price gouged. And that person laughs while every single person in this community loses faith in the community.

I pray nobody wants to be that person over a little financial gain but that’s the reality of it.

I’m posting the process I see as the best method for attack on this to get feedback from
Others cuz I don’t see a better way to handle it. It’s too many yo-yos for any one person. Too many greedy people.

Maybe a helpful factor would be a core team of 5 guys all throw down $500 via PayPal so that it’s not 1 person having the chance to be dubious. I’m not sure the logistics I’m still trying to figure out the best process for this. I post this here openly for feedback I think this is the best way to do this so far but needs more elaboration for a proposal.

I’m an internet sales director for the largest Mazda dealer in my region. I’m great with organization and communication but no single person can do this.

Do you love yo-yos? Do you love this community?

Then stop talking about the money so we can start talking about how to take care of this situation optimally.

“Somebody’s just gonna take them and then crush heads on profit”

Stop saying that cuz Jeff won’t allow it he’s obviously got clout here and @isaac seems to highly respect him and knows this will be taken care of.

@fatguysnacks247 @twitch77 what do you guys think? Who else can we add to the roster of informed and honest people to help make this happen for the community?

2 Likes

I think he is smart enough to not give to the person who will turn a profit. Who wants to be known as the guy that hurt the entire community over this. Plus from
What I hear Jeff is well respected for being an intellect.

We gotta stop discussing this bc it just simply won’t be an option. This needs to stay in the community.

We not I

I think this would be the biggest benefit to the honest buyer/assistant. It is the most exciting idea to me.

I’d love your input as well on this. I don’t have to be the one to fly out and buy it but I feel like this gets to the end goal you are looking for.

The full plan needs to be established before someone comes n picks em up IMO so lets get to discussing what that should look like

Great idea in theory, but there’s an old saying “no honor among thieves”. Now I’m certainly not saying anyone here is a thief, but if you have not seen an otherwise happy family tear itself apart over an inheritance, then you are most fortunate – it’s an ugly, ugly affair.

If dividing up the collection is where this is headed, then the fairest solution is to find neutral party like the aforementioned eBay consignment seller or equivalent. They are bound by a legal contract to follow Jeff’s instructions. A person in the community, no matter how “trustworthy,” is bound by a nothing. It would be like the notorious PayPal “Friends and Family” fiascos but times a thousand.

1 Like