Once in a lifetime yo-yo collection for sale, California locals only

I want it to try a bunch of stuff. I’ve throwing for like 15 years and have probably only tried about half of that stuff.

5 Likes

I think once you sell something, it’s not yours anymore. If the person resells, it’s a free economy. I mean no disrespect.

5 Likes

Idea (if there’s someone trustrowthy enough):
We get together a group of people, split 2500/number of people, add a few bucks on top for the trouble, and send this money to the purchaser.

The purchaser gets these throws and catalogs them, then sets up a draft where names get drawn and we just go around until there are no yoyos left. Then they box em up and ship em out.

It would be a big pain, but with enough extra money on top, it might make it worthwhile… but it would have to be a SUPER trustworthy person.

5 Likes

Easier to sell to one person.

Oh, totally. That’s definitely easier. My idea is assuming that there isn’t one person willing to take the whole lot in person.

1 Like

I’m sure Jeff realizes that any individual he sells to is most likely going to pull out just the pieces they want and sell off the rest at a tremendous profit so he’s actively trying to avoid that scenario. Honestly, I don’t think he can stop that – that is what will happen.

So how about another idea… There are services that will do all the work of selling off entire collections, for instance, eBay’s Consignment Center – the proceeds could even be directed towards a charity of his choosing if he desired.

This might be the best type of solution given the scenario and makes the most sense:

1. He gets rid of everything in one fell swoop
  2. The community gets a chance to get what they want
  3. The true value of the collection can go to a worthy cause if he’s not interested in recouping his initial investment.
8 Likes

Alternatively, Jeff could find someone out of work to take care of this for some payment percentage. He will probably have to assign the value for that individual. It would have to be “as is” since not all are going to even know “vibe” is a yo-yo thing. It’s one of those tasks you’d have to be just smart enough to do it right, and cuckoo enough to undertake it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made this offer to him this morning. In exchange for the few yoyos I’d like, sell them all for him and deal with all the shipping.

2 Likes

:flushed:WOW!!!
Jeff, you are amazing!:call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

You will need a lot of time. Even if nothing goes wrong, which it will.

In the years of buying and selling literally at least 1000 yoyos I’ve had 1 transaction go bad. In my 20 years selling on ebay, I’ve had 2 bad transactions. Cataloging the collection would be the most time consuming.

I actually operate a small resale business. I get hired to go through an estate to identify items that are worth money before they have an estate sale or hire someone to come in and throw everything away. Then I sell those items for them.

7 Likes

I was thinking maybe USPS has more issues than usual.

1 Like

Big cope

1 Like

RIP my PM inbox :rofl:

41 Likes

LMAO! I thought that may get rough.

8 Likes

I think the best idea is one person purchases, gets a catalogue with images of each Yoyo. Has a chat about the entire collection with the entire community to see where these yo-yos should go at what price so that the person buying breaks even and gets to keep a few favorites or whatever and then the rest go to the home that will enjoy it the most at a super nice deal.

This takes someone who isn’t in it for the money.
This takes group effort from the community and the honor system which luckily is pretty well withheld specifically here.

Im sure some are museum worthy and that’s to be noted and addressed appropriately within the community group.

I wouldn’t know what half of these are but I would love to throw them all to learn more of the style of throw I like and see whats all been produced. I assume not many would know every throw so since this is the biggest event in this forum in a long time we all have to stop thinking as a “who’s the one” mentality and work as a collective to make this right and true and spread as much of the love as possible

1 Like

I’m not the most informed here but I could organize this with @twitch77 and @fatguysnacks247 I see you guys are deep in this community and would know the others needed to name price and network to do this correctly. I know these guys know their stuff. We are a community and this isn’t a small event this needs to be handled with care by multiple. This is not hard besides him finding a trustworthy person to come out and then the group can do it

4 Likes

Just put them out on your front lawn with a “Free” sign and be done with it!

7 Likes

8 Likes

you could possibly do a raffle- people trust you. sell raffles for 20-25$ id say its a worthwhile chance of winning all that- once you hit 2000-2500$ you pick a name an the winner of the raffle gets the throws

1 Like