Official skateboard thread of YYE

The Whole thing Or just the hanger?(top part) you should keep the four screws very tight and only mess with the kingpin(one big bolt in the middle, has a spot to unscrew with an Allan wrench)

What kind of trucks do you have? Never seen a hex key kingpin before

Oops my bad. I just meant wrench.

I dont really know… It all falls out (including the hardware parts that put It together) except for the metal rectangle ON the board.
I like looser trucks to carve though… Maybe i can tighten them just a little.

You got my hopes up about that :-[

Yeah they are too loose. You do have both bushings right?

I actually have a birdhouse complete board and the trucks are hex key

1 Like

Lol

I personally would never buy trucks with a hex key kingpin

If I did, then using a skate tool on it would be impossible

I’ve actually seen a few skate tools with Allens. I always just assumed they were for hardware, but apparently those as well!

http://i.imgur.com/p2vWPWh.jpg

Is that you? Cool!

What shoes do you guys skate with?
Do you guys think you need good shoes for skating so it will grip better, and so you dont mess anything up in your foot? Im looking at the Adidas campus vulc.

Sure is ;).

I’ve always skated with vans or adidas. Never really cared about the specifics, once I wore thru a pair i’d just slap on another.

As for not messing anything up in your foot, I really don’t think shoes are going to help you there unless there are hightops that lock your ankle in place (like a snowboard boot), which would not be good for skating. I always liked my shoes tight around my foot for the best control of the deck.

Ok so I can Ollie but I can’t get my back foot on. I found out that my back foot was on the tail for too long. Now that I do a quick pop, I can Ollie. I just have to get over the fear to land, then I can probably do it. According to braille skateboarding (Arron kyros my favorite ;)) I would learn Ollie frontside 180, then backside, THEN shove it. Bit I like shove its so I might learn those afterwards.

You can shove-it without needing to know how to ollie, just throw the board in front of you without popping.

Frontside 180 tip, twist up your body and as you untwist quickly do the ollie. You’re momentum will bring everything around.

Backside 180 is going to be hard, that is all.

1 Like

My longboard’s coming in today

I wanted to put my Indy’s on it but I just got different trucks

I recently got back in to skating (quit when I was about twelve ish) when me and some buddies were in my garage working on my supra, we picked up a few of my old boards and started skating around. Since then I’ve been going steady at it for about 2.5 weeks. The current trick I just got down is the 360(tre) flip. I can also do all the “prerequisites” to the tre flip of course such as Ollie, 180 (front and backside), shove it (front and backside), kickflip, varial kickflip, heelflip, etc… Now it’s on to learning Ollie impossible and forward flip :slight_smile:

Industrial has a huge sale this weekend, and I have $150. Have my mind on a Globe Pinner or Prowler.

1. Pinner or Prowler?
  2. Buy built or seperate from parts?

I think I will just buy built but also get new bearings since I’ve heard boards come with bad bearings.

Build your own.

I got ALL my parts for funboxdist.com

I do not regret passing up other boards.

I have a square tail deck, triumph trucks, atobe wheels, I got it all from funbox…

Buy from there it’s legit