Official skateboard thread of YYE

I prefer sector nines

You shouldn’t longboard if you jsut want to wheel around. It’s more for hardcore hills and slolam etc.

I would get a cruiser. They are like smaller longboards with a more natural shape and a kick tail. Easier for carving, kick turns, jumping curbs, chill stuff.

I’ll look into it. Sounds good.

…lolwut?

Just find a board you like the shape of. If you want to be able to lift up nose/tail of the board more easily, get something with more of a nose/tail. If you’re going to be pushing a lot, look for something with drop through trucks. Instead of mounting on the bottom they mount on the top and, wouldn’t you know, drop through the board. Makes the board lower and easier to reach the ground. Sector 9s are literally the Duncans of longboards. Not a bad starting point, but they will eventually leave you wanting more. I would check out longboard larry and kracked skulls if I were you. I started out just cruising like you want to do and quickly got into dancing and fell in love with it.

These guys are pretty awesome for dancing.

These ollies are freaking annoying… I tried a few shove its and the board actually (almost) did exactly what I wanted it to, but my feet didn’t land… I feel like I commit more in the grass than on concrete, I think it’s because I feel more safe. Im not too scared on concrete (at all really) but still… Who has down the Ollie? And if you do how long did it take you to get it? Im on my 2nd or 3rd week of owning a board.

I have a landyachtz 925, unfortunately I don’t live near any nice hills, so it’s pretty much a cruser.

I decided I might get a Z Flex Jimmy Plummer. Probably the complete board since I found it for around $70. I just want a nice cruiser to ride around. Thoughts? Also should I get some quality bearings to replace the stock ones, or new wheels or anything, ar maybe just buy the deck and the parts separate?

I’m at about 4 weeks and haven’t practiced much at all and can kind of get it. Stationary on concrete in my basement.

That deck doesn’t look bad but if all you’re doing is cruising you are probably going to want something more comfortable. Something flexy and maybe lower. I’m sure that would do just fine cruising, but it looks a bit more pool/carving/pumping oriented. But that may just be me. Longer flexier boards give you a nice calm ride that soaks up bumps and cracks, whereas that board would be much more similar to an old school style skateboard.

I wouldn’t buy a board with out seeing it in person (feeling hardness/softness of wheels) checking bearings, testing flex and just checking the overall feel of the board.

You should probably find your local skate shop and look at all kinds of boards and find what you like

For future reference the higher the abec number the higher quality the bearing (for example: ABEC 11s are better than ABEC 3s)

Thanks for the advice. I think I will check one out sometime this week.

Ummm, isn’t being able to land part of the trick?? :wink:

Ehhh, its hard to get thost back wheels of the ground.
Whenever I try the board fly’s to the right (im regular footed)

So in front of you or towards your back foot? Whenever I do it I mostly land back on but I rotate backside slightly.

Lol

It fly’s in front of me. Im just gonna do some shove its today since there more fun to do.

Ordered a lot of longboard stuff last night :wink:

…like what? :slight_smile:
Yesterday I tried my first longboard. It was my cousins and it was a rockstar one. His dad has a contract with rockstar and sells them, so sometimes they give them free stuff (kings tickets,longboards…) it was…cool? I didn’t get to ride it too much. It felt pretty normal.

yeah what kind? spacers, wheels, trucks, decks, bearings? lol

-Churchill Square Tail Deck
-Triumph 180mm RKP Trucks
-Churchill Bearings
-Atobe Cruiser Wheels, 59mm
-Generic Shock Pads and Hardware.

So im guessing your gonna it together the board? Well, no grip tape.

K guys my hardwear keeps on falling out, why? I dont think my trucks are THAT loose, but they fall out like everyday… Did I like strip the axel or something?

Visited Industrial today. I think I will save for either a Globe Pinner or Prowler. Both around $150 at that store where I will buy it.