*Official*Secret Santa - Christmas in July

It says JULY, it’s obviously a Secret Hulkamania Independence Day.

9 Likes

I agree with mongoose about the tiers, but I don’t think any thing gift-based should be skill-segregated

2 Likes

lol I took a nap this evening and had a dream about this damned thing! >.<’

I’m really happy with the little box I’ve put together :smiley: haha sorry for bragging…but it really is pretty cute! <3
I’m nervous this thing isn’t going to happen…but if it doesn’t, that’s okay. My package will make for a great christmas gift to someone later this year if this christmas in july thing doesn’t take off.

3 Likes

Okay, it’s been a crazy few weeks around here, but here’s the rules I’ve come up with:

1. I’m going to keep this small to see how it goes this time around, so, it will be 10 people (9+myself). I’ll be having my wife help me out so I can keep it a mystery for myself as well. I will only look to see who got who in the event of an issue.
  2. I’m keeping this to more known and reputable folks on the forums. Nothing against newer people, just trying to make sure no one gets screwed. Outside of that, first come first serve.
  3. Price range for yoyo is $40-$60 retail (think mid-range monometals). Yoyo doesn’t have to be new in box, but this isn’t a place to offload your beaters. Yoyos should be in good condition!! No huge dings and it should have minimal to no vibe.
  4. Small gift should be ~$20. Think stocking stuffer kinda stuff. Candy, trinkets, strings, handmade goods, yoyo tool, etc. Your box should include both a yoyo and a small gift for your person.
  5. You will have ~2 weeks from the time of receiving your person to send them their gift. I will post actual deadlines once we get rolling.

Okay, if you read the rules, and you still want to participate, send me a PM. Once I get enough people I will send you all a short questionnaire to fill out and send back to me; this will go to your secret Santa to give them some ideas of your interests outside of yoyo as well as some of your yoyo preferences.
If this goes well maybe we’ll do another around Christmas time with more people, split into different tiers, etc, but for now I just want to keep it simple.

10 Likes

Wooo! It’s really going to happen!! lol :smiley:
I was starting to think it probably wasn’t.

May I join in? I’m pretty new around here, though I have been a daily poster for several months and think I have a decent enough reputation.
I already have a package I’ve been working on and adding to all month! In fact I just added a little bit more to it just yesterday :D.

4 Likes

images

3 Likes

3 spots left

4 Likes

WOW! These filled up quick! how exciting!

This is the first Secret Santa thingy I’ve ever been a part of online! How fun!!

3 Likes

This will be fun!

4 Likes

This is very cool. I love surprises!

3 Likes

1 spot left!

2 Likes

All spots taken!

5 Likes

Okay, later tonight when I get a chance to sit down at my computer I’ll type up a little questionnaire to send to everyone that’s involved.

7 Likes

How the heck did I miss this!?!

4 Likes

Aw nice I like the idea of doing a small experiment first, then you can scale it up if all goes well. That’s a good approach in my experience :ok_hand:

5 Likes

dude I think I was the 8th person to pm @shatterFX and had only been like 5 minutes after his post

4 Likes

Just waiting on one more person to return the questionnaire I sent out, and then I will have my wife randomly draw numbers and send messages to each person, providing them with their recipient and questionnaire.

6 Likes

Much excite.

2 Likes

Much wow.

2 Likes

Much pizza.

6 Likes