Not cutting your yo-yo string brings great shame to our family

I got this otherwise nice yo-yo in trade from @threebearrries but I was totally disgustipated to find the string in this unspeakable condition …

How dare you sir. HOW DARE YOU!

7 Likes

This disgusts me! Jk I don’t cut them on mine

6 Likes

I think Evan Nagao leaves his strings like this, though his tails are even longer. If it’s good enough for the world champion…

I actually don’t like the dangles either, but that’s cuz they’d bug me during play and I’d be too easily distracted by them.

6 Likes

All my strings are uncut. I stand by it. :triumph:

4 Likes

You are a bad person and you should feel bad!

Cut dem strings, and burn the ends! Let me show you how it should be done!

Ahhhh so much more betterer … siiiigh

grumble grumble… extra string flappin around out dere like a got dang donkey tail

9 Likes

At least he put a new string on.

6 Likes

When I sell a yo-yo I also put a new string on.

Then I lick it :tongue: … just once… somewhere.

12 Likes

If you feed the tail into the single string side of the loop, I think the string is less likely to break near your finger.

Zipline’s don’t need cut at all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I kind of like the tail though. The slip knot never comes undone while in storage, and giving the tail a little tug fluffs up the knot making it easy to open up. Like so:

3 Likes

NO WIRE HANGERS!

… and NO TAILS… EVER!

2 Likes

Not trimming your yoyo string is like not trimming your guitar strings - it’s pretty metal.

6 Likes

And pretty folksy?

coils

5 Likes

While I agree with this sentiment completely (although it might be understated) there may be an excuse for this abhorrent behavior…_**maybe **__ he just didn’t know how tall you are and left extra string in case you needed to adjust the length.

5 Likes

Here’s a fresh string :sunglasses:image

10 Likes

I don’t cut them most of the time, but it depends on how long the string is I guess. I usually just have about a 1 inch tail after I tie the knot, not long enough to get in the way of anything. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I actually used to always cut them, but then I realized that keeping the string intact does not hinder my play, nor does it leave the string frayed.

2 Likes

How can 6" of extra string flying and flopping around not get in the way??? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

:scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors:
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

9 Likes

Agreed. I find the string stretches around 1/2" from new and the small tail allows me to adjust it if needed.

1 Like