New Titanium release from iYoYo - The TiTANiC!

i am gonna be absolutely honest right here, this thread right here got me very interested in the Iceberg and so i bought one. i’ve been considering getting one for over a year now, and finally checked it out of the cart at the end of 2019.

man! what a great and wonderful yoyo. if i had the cash i would get the TiTanic for sure

15 Likes

As someone who own a Titanic, I have to say, don’t let this one go. It’s a powerhouse of a yo-yo. The only thing I don’t particularly like is the shiny finish. It looks great, but it makes the yo-yo a bit sticky.

6 Likes

Nicely done

1 Like

How does it play on the string?

1 Like

Also this controversy always comes up with yoyos name titanic. Just look at the YoYoWorkshop Titanic announcement. It’s the same thing there as well despite that being 3 years older than the iYoYo Titanic.

It feels fast and powerful during play as well as heavier than it actually is. It’s 64.5 grams, but if I hadn’t looked at the specifications, I would’ve assumed it’s around 66-67 grams.

Out of curiosity, how long is your string? Is it longer (or shorter) than the typical bellybutton-to-ankle length?

Wow that’s interesting. Usually feeling fast and feeling weightier than it actually is don’t come together very often. It’s also a bit contradictory to the description of the titanic on another website which says it’s the floatiest Ti ever.

Is it nimble? Like is it easy to get the yoyo to change direction and move along the string or do you have to push it quite a bit?

1 Like

Well, as with most other matters in life, how a yo-yo feels during play can be a very subjective topic. In fact, even when it comes to things like stability, which is a quality I used to believe was more easily measured or determined, people seem to have different opinions. I’ve seen people call yo-yos like the G2 - Wolf and TopYo - T.S. unstable, when I found both of them to be exactly the opposite. Things like string length, bearings, vibe, response pads, and most importantly skill level can also affect a person’s opinion regarding yo-yos and performance as well as their perception of how a yo-yo feels like to throw.

About a year or so ago, if someone gave me a yo-yo with a flat bearing in it, I would’ve instantly felt a drop in performance. The yo-yo would tilt a lot more, and it would lose power a lot faster. Last week, when I first got my Magnum Opus from Mark, I noticed I didn’t have any more concave bearings lying around and decided to throw it without swapping out the stock one. I couldn’t feel the change in stability until I attempted to do horizontal. That was not because the bearing or the yo-yo changed but simply because I improved over time.

I can’t guarantee that you’ll feel the same way I do about the Titanic if you decide to get one. Perhaps you’ll agree with the other reviewer, or perhaps you’ll have an entirely different opinion. I did throw it for about 30 minutes before replying to you, just to remind myself how it felt, and I could definitely feel the power when doing tricks. And that’s pretty much what I meant by, “heavier.” I feel like there’s a decent amount of rim weight on the Titanic that makes it feel powerful or “heavier” during play. More rim weight doesn’t mean less fast, however, quite the opposite, I’d say. Maybe “heavier” wasn’t the right word, though. Oftentimes, I will use the term, “solid” to describe the same thing. So, if that makes more sense, let’s call it, solid.

Yes, it does feel nimble to me. There are certain yo-yos that, as soon as you pick up, make you want to pretend you’re Jensen Kimmit and you’re going to create all these insanely artistic tricks while chilling the entire time doing it. And then, there are some yo-yos that make you want to go fast. The Titanic feels like the latter to me.

5 Likes

Wow thanks for the comprehensive reply. I have to admit that the description is on another retailer’s store page advertising it instead of a review. I’m not really interested in the capability of the yoyo because I suck anyway so as long as the yoyo is generally stable it’s fine for me. I buy so many mini throws so performance isn’t really a huge factor for me haha. What I’m interested in is the play feel. Like the feeling it has on the string. Whether it feels light and floaty, super nimble or is it solid with a strong presence on the string (not really a fan of the latter).

From what you said it looks like the titanic is something that I’ll want because I love nimble yoyos that make me want to go fast.

Do you have a hummingbird? If you do, does the titanic feel similar? Because the hummingbird is my grail right now with the perfect balance of being solid while also being fast and nimble.

3 Likes

No problem. I’m happy to help.

Hmm, well, the Titanic certainly feels fast and nimble to me, but it definitely feels solid, too. You mentioned you like the Hummingbird a lot. Sadly, I don’t own one. I’ve been meaning to purchase one for a long time, but something always gets in the way, mainly other yo-yo purchases. That said, I’ve seen people claim it feels similar to the Draupnir, which I do own. The Draupnir has a bit more float to it than the Titanic and feels less solid to me.

But here, we need to talk a bit about float, because it’s a slightly controversial term. Different people use it to describe different things, and so, we might be using it to describe different things as well. To me, float simply means that the yo-yo feels light(er) when it’s in the air or takes longer to drop. It sort of floats as if it had wings. That sort of characteristic is something that the Titanic does not possess, at least in my opinion. It does feel solid, however, as I previously stated, and it is fast.

If you have any other questions you can always send me a private message. I’ll be happy to help or clarify anything that may have sounded ambiguous.

1 Like

Ah. I don’t have a Draupnir so I can’t really imagine what it feels.

I have actually never thought much about the term floaty. I see reviewers just use the term to refer to how light the yoyo feels in play and I just assumed everyone has the same definition. But your definition is definitely very interesting and makes a lot of sense logically as well, considering the meaning of the word ‘floaty’.

I’ll think about it a bit more haha but thanks for your excellent input.

1 Like

well, when i started reading this strand, a debate on whether the name of the throw was morally acceptable was not what I was expecting lol. good job though. clarity is a virtue.