YYR Chopsticks Gorilla vs iYoYo Titanic vs TopYo Twin Drive

I luckily have a Titanic and a Hummingbird and I would say the main differences are:

• Titanic has a 57 mm diameter and I feel has a longer spin time through my tricks than the Hummingbird. Titanic is the largest diameter yo-yo I own and might be the longest spinning yo-yo I own (I also own a Titanium Banshee, which is my current preferred throw). I was looking into the MK1 Converge mainly for extra spin time, being bimetal and 58 mm, but I prefer steeper edges to the rim of the yo-yo personally (currently :smile:).

• Titanic is 42 mm wide, being significantly thinner than the Hummingbird, and it is noticeable on the string. I think the Hummingbird is still faster though, not sure if it is due to it being 56 mm diameter or not.

• Titanic is extremely stable on the string, maybe not more stable than the Hummingbird but the extra mm diameter also seems to help (maybe). I would say the Titanic is slower than the Hummingbird, but again it might be due to its larger size.

For me (currently) I am preferring yo-yos 43 mm in width or wider. Do you have a 42 mm width yo-yo that you can try playing with? My Titanic is great for its currently unmatched spin time, high stability in a fully titanium throw, and confidence in knowing where the yo-yo is going and where it will end up; however there are times I wish it was wider and I miss the string (might just be me :sweat_smile:) when trying more densely technical tricks (where I’m in an awkward mount and it is tough to manipulate a string, or can’t pull on a string to make the catch zone larger), or whips, lacerations and hooks, which I feel better/more confident with a wider yo-yo. If 42 mm is your preferred width and you want something very stable and long spinning, I would say the Titanic is near perfect for that. I see iYoYo recently widened their Iceberg, I’ve been wondering if they might make a new Titanic with this same increased width.

Hope this was helpful :+1:

5 Likes