Ti yoyo recommendations?

Hey guys, I’m pretty new to the yoyo scene (after not doing this for 10 years), go easy on me please :slight_smile:

To keep it simple:
I really like the way Edge Infinity plays in terms of power/stability, but it’s the slighest tad heavy and I’m wondering if a titanium yoyo would provide a similar power while feeling/playing lighter on the string. I know Edge Beyond is basically the same as the Infinity but lighter, but I don’t want to sacrifice power/spin-time.

Preferences:
Speed/weight: “quicker than an edge infinity” lol
Price range: ignoring for now … just want to know my options
Shape: prefer wider, H-profile, (competition-geared?)
Weight distribution: rim weighted (powerful)
Gap width: larger end?? (idk I just find wider gaps easier to execute tricks with multiple string layers)

The Ti’s that are currently on my radar are the Ti Sunbird, UI, and Luftverk Acadia. Does anyone have any experience with these yoyos or would recommend other yoyos/ recommend against Ti yoyos?

Appreciate it!!

7 Likes

I think a Metavity would suit your needs very well.

9 Likes

From what you’re explaining DEFINITELY the Metavity -by YYF and SUS :grin:
It’s got a nice H-shape and from what I hear plays GREAT :grin:

3 Likes

I can also recommend the metavity, it is everything you described. If you’ve tried the YYF Essence, then you’ll have an idea of how metavity will play, they are siblings. I’ve only had my ti sunbird since yesterday, and it takes me a while to really get my head wrapped around a yoyo, but at this point I can say I it is definitely a fast nimble yoyo with great power and stability. The metavity leans more towards the power and stability side of things while tibird is more towards speed and agility. Tibird feels lighter on the string. The UI looks very interesting, the specs and shape really appeal to me though its gap width might be a bit much. I’d love to try one.

I have an Acadia BTM which is an incredible yoyo and plays more like the metavity, being a bimetal it definitely has the rim weight thing nailed. I love the shape of this yoyo, it can go as fast as you want to push it but it doesn’t accelerate and change direction as effortlessly as the tibird. It feels lighter on the string than metavity. I’ve not tried the mono acadia, but I imagine it will feel fairly different from the btm.

You might be able to find a iyoyo titanic here on the bst for a decent price, it is very H shaped and definitely rim weighted, but narrow compared to the edge infinity. Not the fastest yoyo but great power and stability. I suspect more might drop here on yye soon, since I’ve seen them become available again on some other websites. The YYF ti genesis is a titanium that hasn’t gotten a lot of attention, but it’s really good and emphasizes power/stability. If the shape and specs of the tibird appeal to you, then Thesis’s antithesis is another great choice, it plays a lot like the tibird.

My most played ti yoyos right now are metavity, tibird, acadia btm, RSO tiramisu, turning point mustang and antithesis. The mustang and metavity have a lot in common and play similarly, the metavity is a couple mm wider. Neither really me away when I first tried them probably because no one aspect of either really stands out, but I came to really appreciate the incredible balance of speed/agility/power/stability these two yoyos offer.

6 Likes

The YYF x SUS Metavity is a great choice.

If you can find a Thesis AnTiThesis, it’s amazing.

But honestly, you could find what you’re looking for more cheaply and easily in a monometal or bi-metal.

The Thesis Hypothesis V2 fits what you’re looking for, I think.

YYR Overdrive Draupnir is an excellent throw.

Throwing Sideways PWRHouse is an underrated yoyo, imo.

That being said, I love titanium throws, so I’m not gonna try talking you out of that. Just throwing some less expensive alternatives out there, if all you’re really looking for is speed and stability.

3 Likes

I have both the UI and the edge infinity and the UI sounds like a good fit for your needs as to me they play similar but the UI feels a bit lighter to me.

1 Like

Hi! If you can find one, the Mowl Surveillance Ti is competition grade titanium resembling the older 6061 surveillance. It’s pretty rim weighted, has an aggressive H profile, and is stable and quick when you need it to be. From my experience, the Acadia (Monometal version) is a lot float-ier in comparison, moves quick on the string, but lacks the stability when really pushing it to its limits. They’re both really good yo-yos, and you won’t be disappointed with either option.

edit: fixed typo

3 Likes

I have an Edge 1.5, and the Metavity plays the closest to it. The Metavity is an excellent stable chunk that plays fast for what it is and has spin time down. It has everything id envision the Edge types to have, but I lack actual experience with other models. YMMV.

The UI is wide, slightly faster than the Metavity but less stable, but a completely different feel. Feels like a wide souped up Cadence with an emphasis on power.

I just got the Ti-Sunbird in yesterday, so im way new to it for a true critique. Initial impressions are that it is faster than the others, but more narrow. Very well rounded and nimble, but not as fast as the Peregrine or Exia. Honeymoon stage is saying this is my bride.

My gut is saying the Metavity is the win here. No experience with the Acadia though. I love my Daytona SB from Luftverk, but that isnt even remotely the same kind of yoyo.

5 Likes

New: C3 Ti-Krown- light on the string and powerful.

You might also look for a YYF Ti-Dream on BST. That is one of the best Ti yo-yo’s ever; and because it is relatively common;you can save buying used.

5 Likes

What’s a UI?

1 Like
2 Likes

That Metavity is really starting to spark my interest (no pun intended, I would actually not spark this)…but the TiTanic is looking cool too. Both very different-looking yoyos. Biggest thing holding me back is the price tag as I’ve never spent that much on a single yoyo. Blue metavity…too tempting…

The Sunbird looks good too but not sure how similar it would feel to my Ti Dream.

Edit - 11 blue Metavity’s left… Just pulled the trigger. It’s been hectic at work so I think it warrants treating myself.

11 Likes

I say screw Ti and go magnesium.

8 Likes

I would say to go mg but they’re hard to find @Grendel

2 Likes

Could you compare the tibird to the antithesis?
I have the antithesis coming in the mail and I’m wondering if it’s worth getting a tibird.

5 Likes

The full name is Enso UI.

1 Like

Hey guys, OP here. Thanks for all the replies - it seems everyone tends to recommend the Metavity, but my only concern is that it’s nearing 66g - isn’t that kinda heavy (>1g heavier than the edge infinity) considering I want it to play faster than the infinity?

1 Like

Lol if only they were readily available right?

1 Like

I I definitely havnt played most ti. Not even half because a lot of Japanese models I havnt played. Though I recent got a Mustang and its amazing.

The ones the stand out the most to me are

Gravity - its comfy and very customizable. I could talk on and on about why it’s awesome but on the RSO website u can take a quick read and be amazed

Ti888. - this is a comfortable and small compact organic. Its quick and easy to move. Plus hubstacks are fun and it’s the only hubstacks ti I can think of.

Mustang- like I said above I recently got one and it’s fantastic. Has a lot of power and very easy to push

Tishee- the G2 titanium banshee. It’s very light feeling on the string but still packs a lot of power. The shape tho can be a bit to get use to on catch but I love mine.

Metavity- a lot of people already recommended it. When it hits your knuckle or something during tricks, it has a very loud DONG sound. Big dong energy. Also it has some great power and resistance to sloppy play. Idk why so many were made and it was retailed at 400 however I dont manufacture titanium. In my honest opinion if u buy a metavity I would wait for the next yoyoexpert discount.

8 Likes

The Gravity is amazing, and is my second favorite titanium yoyo. But with the organic shape, would you say it matches the stability of the Edge Infinity?

Edit: I guess he’s looking for speed and power, not necessarily stability. I’m not sure why I locked into the “stability” aspect.
In that case, the Gravity is an excellent choice, with the right setup, and easy enough to find lately on the BST.

2 Likes