Favorite Titanium?

What’s your favourite titanium throw?

5 Likes

Ill give you my Top 3

1- AMS Tundra
2-TiHawk
3-TiPeak

Now I have a new Ti (TiSS Bi-Ti)coming soon, so this order may change depending on how I click with it, but i have high hopes.

7 Likes

The TiWalker is an easy choice here. Not even close.

Honorable mention to the TiDream as well.

8 Likes

Id love to get my hands on one, but never once seen one pop up on BSTs

4 Likes

Agreed! TiWalker is still number one, even eight years later!

5 Likes

My Ti-Walker would be my top 3 choices.

My 4th choice would be my other Ti Walker.

I don’t have the slightest idea how Heath came up with his Winning formula; years ago?

But whatever happened to result in the Ti-Walker; all the stars were obviously in the proper alignment.

No doubt it was a combination of: science, testing, luck, determination and a dash of Magic.

A few may not think my theory holds an ounce of water.

But then again; those few either do not own a Ti Walker. Or have just never had the opportunity to try a Ti Walker.

It is just that good.

10 Likes

I do not own one but mainly because the right one has not come along. That is a huge commitment to make. I just want it to be right. I know I sound like a virgin.

3 Likes

Daytona, TYY-01, TiPeak

6 Likes

It is hard to believe that many people have owned enough or played enough Titaniums to really have an informed opinion?

On the other hand there aren’t that many titaniums out there I guess?

I dunno, I have a few and my opinion is … you should spend that cash on more Alu or bimetals instead, for the most part :wink:

8 Likes

Before 2015 it would have been easier to say. The summer that had the Dream, CiTizen, and Evora totally jumped started titaniums again… now there are way too many for most people to own. In that sense I agree that most people are likely going to say the best of what they’ve tried.

4 Likes

Any idea where I can get a Ti-Walker?

2 Likes

I only own one, a TiRROX, and it’s the only titanium I’ve ever tried, so by default it is my favorite. I will say, however, that it is really nice to play. It has the most comfortable H shape I’ve ever tried, and it is super stable and whisper quiet.

5 Likes

Very true; but>

I have: Hyperion, Fulvia btmr, Fulvia, Ti Shutter, Citizen, Dazzler, YYF Ti Dream, Daytona, YYF Ricochet, Japan Technology Frost and Ribira, Magicyo REX, Throw Revolution Lotus… And a few more…(also a few of the SPYY Ti yoyos that I donated to the fund raiser for Steve; some time ago)

And I still feel the Ti Walker is the best of the bunch.

This view might be considered interesting for a few reasons

The Ti Walker isn’t necessarily the: smoothest… the fastest… the best looking… the most ergonomic… the longest spinning… most stable… etc…

But; the Ti Walker has the best combination of excellent characteristics in one package. Basically; there is nothing I don’t like about it.

Every Ti yoyo I listed is amazing in at least a few ways. A few are faster. A few are more stable. A few are longer spinning. Etc…

The Ti Walker just has the Best balance of features that results is a superb playing experience.

Over the years I almost sold one of my Ti Walkers; 3 times. Amazingly; all three guys admitted to me(some folks are just too honest, lol) that they were not intending to ‘keep’ the Ti Walker. But we’re going to mark it up and sell it to somebody else. I didn’t want my willingness to share; to simply turn into a profit making adventure for somebody else.

So… I still have 2 of them.

And I have decided worse things could happen😎

7 Likes

There are so many great Titanium Yo-Yos out there, but right now my favorites are #yyftishutter, #yyfricochet, #yyfdream, Onedrop CiTizen, & Luftverk Daytona!

3 Likes

I’d love to try a TiShutter or a TiWalker. Maybe someday…

3 Likes

Lapua, Citizen, Tundra.

5 Likes

OOOHHH “whisper quiet”. Need to add that to my yoyo vocab lol

2 Likes

I believe the TiWalker to be good, but I hardly believe it would still be the best or even in the top three after all these years. Japan Technology make the best titnium yoyos I think. But almost every titanium yoyo I’ve tried has been excellent.

7 Likes

I think your view is actually the best one to have.

Because then you don’t have to feel like you are missing something by not having a Ti Walker.

Japan Technology does indeed make excellent Titanium yo-yos. Hey; it wasn’t that long ago that I bought your JT Frost🤓

6 Likes

Ahhh, the Frost… Now that is one serious titanium yoyo!

4 Likes