Good titanium?

I was possibly thinking about getting a titanium yoyo, using the money I get off of selling an old possibly very valuable beanie baby. I didn’t know what ones were good, bc I don’t have any. I looked at the titanic, and it had good reviews, and a reasonable price. What other titanium yo-yos would your recommend for a good price? I was also looking at the tiny, being 100$ cheaper than even the titanic, but, I didn’t know how small it would be, and I would prefer a full sized yoyo. It would also be nice to have a great pocket sized yoyo, but I would be to scared of it falling out of my pocket to actually bring it out and about :joy:

What would y’all recommend?
Thanks

3 Likes

Yyfr tiny wasn’t particularly great performance wise. It’s just too small to perform well and I’m not into unforgiving yoyos

2 Likes

tiny is definitely fun, but its not a full size yoyo. there are great deals for Ti if you’re willing to use the BST.

The G2 Ti Banshee pops up occasionally for about $150-175.

I’ve had and absolutely loved the Yoyofriends x Damian Pucket Alliance and CLYW x Luftverk Alpine.

My current favorite yoyo is the G2 Ti Albatross, an absolutely stellar example of an organic yoyo.

7 Likes

In term of Titanium, I can recommend some JP ti since they have best QC and stands out the most, the only down side is price is steep but you get what you pay for.
As for your preference, I would say get something around 54-55.5mm for most comfortable feeling like YYR Dazzler, YYR Wonder and some non JP option like Thesis Ti like Calyx and Antithesis.
But for full size performance, I would say Mowl Ti Surveillance and Ti Heterogeneity, TP Mustang, with non JP option like YYfriends Tiss Hummingbird or CLYW x Luftverk Alpine.

Also I’m selling some JP Ti under retail if you’re interested

3 Likes

Round Spinning Objects, aka RSO

Best in the biz

5 Likes

Titanic is a good start into titanium!

5 Likes

Seen the blasted version of the Titanic on the bst earlier for $150, killer deal I think

2 Likes

Had the same question and thoughts on iYoyo’s Titanic, which works out about $50-$100 lower entry point that other boutique brands (RSO, Atmos, etc). Having said that, not much has been said about the Titanic :person_shrugging: I know @LX_Emergency has one for a while now, maybe he can chime in?

Before I saw @bheinz63 mention about the G2 Ti Banshee, I was only aware that Ti Vayders were being sold on BST at the $150-$175 range. Any other Ti’ngs that are good entry and within this range ?

2 Likes

I think a lot of the ti on the BST is usually in the $150-200 range. @skeevs

4 Likes

I have a Titanic that I throw pretty frequently. It has pretty good power and performs quite well. Not really a standout in any category, but it has a fingerspin dimple and a large catch zone so it’s pretty versatile. Mine’s dead smooth. It’s a fun yoyo to play with, comfortable to catch, and the titanium noise is always fun. Good yoyo if you can justify the cost! I haven’t tried too many other titanium so my experience with ti yoyos is limited but I like this one.

5 Likes

Here is my video with the titanic in it.

Since then I’ve tried other titanium throws. None are really any better than others when it comes to pure performance.

The titanic is very VERY H shaped. And a little angular but no sharp rims.

All in all… titanium is kind of a gimmick… its super durable which is the main selling point but also the price is so high that hardly anyone ever tests the durability.

I still think that if you’re buying new Titanic is probably the best price titanium to be found with good performance… at least from the ones I’ve found.

Secondhand though… who knows.

And when it comes to pure performance… titanium really isn’t worth it.

My 60 dollar iceberg matches and sometimes outperforms my 380 dollar TiSS Antarctica. And that’s keeping it in the same brand with same-ish designs.

6 Likes

If you are going to pull the trigger and spend $

Pocket size - Luftverk Daytona SE edition,
I am looking for one of these non brass version
Full Size - Luftverk Alpine tech or Gravity organic
Mid size - RSO Burger available now
Old School - RSO OG MechaBapezilla

Less expensive, very good if you can find one
FGS - Project Ti
G2 - Ti Hawk
yyf - Ti 888

3 Likes

Another vote for the Titanic here - though I agree with everyone who said Ti is an unnecessary indulgence that doesn’t really give you any performance return on your investment. The feel of the polished Ti on the 'tanic is what I like most about it. Price is good and the performance, to me, is more than good enough. Someone did point out the morbidity (morbidi-Ti? Now I’m guilty, too) of the engraving, but as long as you shed a tear when you hear The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, I think you can buy a Titanic with a clear enough conscience.

Back to serious talk: Also agree on the YYFr/Damian Puckett Alliance and anything Titanium from G2. Since it’s all for the sense fields and not the performance, why not get the best looking Ti while you’re at it.

TL;DR: Titanic or G2 stuff with Sugar High and Metavity as honorable mentions

4 Likes

Every Ti I’ve tried was underwhelming in terms of performance. Don’t grab one if you’re expecting it to outperform anything. They do go spark spark ting ting tho and that is super cool. Just my opinion and a cautionary note so you know what you’re getting into.

6 Likes

The Atmos Ari performs really well and has a really great fast and floaty feeling. Highly recommend if you want a titanium that actually feels special.

6 Likes

My favorites are Ari and Aria by atmos, gravity if you like a tight organic and TiVader is just based on what some call the best Ti of all time… such a good player.

Lastly…. For a floatier organic pick up an RSO Martian. Premium!!!

GL!!

7 Likes

In performance, you can consider Ti rim like hinemosu and galaxy dinosaur rather than a full titanium.

3 Likes

What’s your budget?

A real quick plug here:

If you’re looking for something higher end, I’d check out our newest release from Sengoku.

Called the Ieyasu.

(Coming soon to YoYoExpert, or available now on the Sengoku store).

It’s makes use of some pretty cutting edge coating techniques that no one else has used before.

Retail is $500, so it’ll set you back a bit

But this thing is NICE.

There are a lot of other, more affordable, options that are good ones too though. Good luck with your decision making!

2 Likes

As someone who has spent more money than I care to think about on titanium yo-yos, they’re an expensive gimmick. But, if you can afford it, they are incredibly nice yo-yos.

Find yourself a Turning Point Mustang (OG, ES, or grade 5) and you’ll be set for life. It’s the only titanium I have multiples of (though I have also bought more than one YYF TiDream but that’s because one was stolen which is a story for another day…).

If you just want to get your feet wet with titanium, @HappyYoyoer i have a Krown Ti I’ll let you have for a song.

For nostalgia, unique designs/concepts, or exceptional QC? For sure. For performance? Outside a few select models, absolutely not.

Oof, that’s at or above Mustang msrp so that thing better rip.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing/ testing the new Alchemik Tyrants for both 5a and 3a and they are amazing! Only 62g but feel heavier on the string. Probably fast too but i’m not a speed player. I’m not easy on my yoyos and these are still just as smooth as day one. Absolute units. Not released yet, these are prototypes but they should be dropping soon ish. They get the green light from me, that’s for sure.

Side note, i’m also kinda an undersized yoyo fanboy and the Tiny from Yyfr, in my opinion is amazing. You have to play it right, but when you do, it’ll treat you right. But, you’d be happier with a full size for your first titanium throw.

6 Likes