Good titanium?

Rest assured it does.

There is nothing more premium about the Mustang than the Iyeasu. In fact, even given my obvious personal bias, I would argue that the Ieyasu brings more.

Better grade of titanium, different coating (talk to team member Yamato if you’re interested in the new metallurgy techniques used, he’s doing graduate research in it).

And a bunch of little things that in no way justify the high price, but are nice all the same like each one having a handmade box made of traditional Japanese cloth, and a really premium bearing. Custom commissioned strings.

(Again, 99% of the cost of the yo-yo is due to the level of machining on the titanium, not these little goodies. We just figured Sengoku might as well give the customer a neat experience)

If any yo-yo is worth $500 it’s this one.

Now, admittedly, that’s an insanely high price for any yoyo, even if it costs close to that much to make (which the Iyeasu does).

But I WANTED to spend $500 on a yoyo, you can keep your Mustang. I’ll take this any day of the week :smiley:

(End of commercial)

2 Likes

I’d agree. I’ve tried several RSO, and I’ve always been impressed with the quality of the machining, and the packing, etc.

Good stuff!

1 Like

I hope it’s not because titanium will contact cold weld into itself :wink:

I’m a sucker for TP-esque straight cuts so I’m interested in the Ieyasu, just not at MSRP; will definitely be keeping an eye on the BST for one.

4 Likes

Sounds problematic.

I guess I’ll change my post to I DONT think the axle is titanium. Haha :smiley:

I think Julio mentioned something about upgrading axles though.

I’ll have to ask him…

1 Like

If it is ti Sengoku wouldn’t be the first to make that “mistake” (in quotes because iirc the process isn’t exactly quick), Turning Point has also put out a Ti w/ a titanium axle. I can’t remember the model off the top of my head, it may have been an OG (~2017) Diaspora.

Ok, maybe it didn’t come with the Ti axle installed but the Diaspora did come w/ a Ti axle which to me is an odd choice considering the yo-yos cost combined with the chance of galling/cold welding w/ an axle of the same material as the body.

1 Like

Just texted Julio.

Axle is NOT titanium. But is “improved quality SS” , whatever that means. Man knows his stuff.

4 Likes

They have been including extra titanium axle from very first model of Cetus all the way with Diaspora 2017, Old Absinthe (not grade5 one) and ends at first drop of Mustang and old Santi Grail(the very first design at Spingear).

4 Likes

Mustang from TP is not only one of the best Titanium yoyos, but I could literally say it is one of the best yoyos with on-string time even the power of the yoyo may be regarded as weak, the RPM never goes slow.
However as you know it is rare and expensive so it is hard to throw even with the secondhand :rofl:

4 Likes

Falling out of your pocket?

Uh…. Do you walk on your hands?

Or are the pockets on your pants sewn on upside down?

Focus more on : performance, quality build, comfortable but functional shape and value.

Spend less time considering what will fit well into your pocket…… Unless your main purpose is to walk around with a lump in your pocket?

PS…. If you end up buying a poor playing yo-yo, then, the only thing it will be good for……’is’ stuffing it in your pocket.

Here is a free Tip you didn’t ask for>

Pass on the Titanium. Save money and get a high performance yo-yo that will fit in your pocket.

Get a Motion Parallel and Be Happy. Something Wicked this way comes…

11 Likes

I was thinking if I sat down at school or something and accednetly left it. I guess that isn’t crazy common tho…

Thanks guys for answering my questions!

2 Likes

Also, if some people say they aren’t that good, why do others waste their money and buy so many of them? And what are some other high end yo-yos I could get instead of a titianium?

Collection and marketing my man!

As well I didn’t heard amazing properties about titanium compared than normal yoyos except the resistance to dings, I tried one titanium yoyo and it was ok, really can’t dstinguish from a “normal” one.
It is just another novelty, some people love the look, some people love the sound, some people like to make sparks, some people like to collect.

I do not have the money for them so I leave them on a side, probably if I had the chance I would like a titanium model just for the sake of it but I cannot justify the price, instead of a titanium yoyo you can literally buy every single yoyo in the market a Klondike I think at the moment is probably better than every single titanium you see around trick wise.

If we want also be complete, if you just want to play and do tricks, with 60$ maximum you can bring home a monometal perfectly able to compete at the world championship, just 2 examples Wilderness by W1ld and Kim 23 by Yoyofactory

6 Likes

Yoyo’s that aren’t peak performance are still super fun and definitely not a “waste.” It really just depends what you enjoy and are looking to get out of a yoyo. If you do want a high end yoyo that will perform very well just get an outer rim bi-metal with specs that align with what you prefer (avoid smaller diameter tho). Also,

2 Likes

As true with any metal, it comes down to how it is treated and machined. A well executed ‘average’ will always be a better option than a poorly executed ‘premium’.

You appear to be material/component chasing, if you are split between the Tiny and the Titanic. Other requirements should take precedent over material.

1 Like

ting ting spark spark :handshake:

3 Likes

Have you played a good titanium? By that I mean a mainstream model like the Mustang? Titanium; by itself, will not make a yo-yo good. A good titanium uses the properties of the metal to its best through good design. A bad yo-yo made of titanium will still be a bad yo-yo.

I agree with many on this thread. The mustang is one of the best; if not the best. If the OG poster has the $ they should take advantage of the offer of a ti-krown “for a song”. That is a fabulous ti yo-yo.

5 Likes

Nah haven’t gotten to throw a musty yet but I would like too. The best performing Ti I tried was probably the aquilegia and that was definitely a good Yoyo, just not better than a generic performance oriented bimetal or anything. I stand by my opinion and you can disagree if you want to.

1 Like

I am not disagreeing at all. These days it is likely true that the spin and stability of a good performance bi-metal will be in the same realm as that of a good titanium. In the old days you had to buy a titanium to get this performance. Additionally, titanium does offer much better speed and response to directional-change than most bi-metals I have played.

That said; if you are after performance without the huge price - a good bi-metal will do just fine.

7 Likes

The tp soul came with a ti axle

2 Likes

What about a miracle? I’ve heard it’s insanely amazing and if i could I would be willing to spend that much money, depending on what y’all think about it. And how does it relate to the Kim 23? How similar are they?

Sorry to ask so many questions :joy:

2 Likes