New CLYW Yo-Yos (inc. Bimetal)

Sure, unless we’re talking about car parts, glass, golf clubs, musical instruments, paint…

I guess yoyos are the only hobby of mine that China can pull off.

BS

Geography has everything to do with the people you’re employing.

You know there’s a reason it’s cheaper in China, right? Because BUSINESS OWNERS, AS IN YOU AND CHRIS, STEVE, have been outsourcing for decades, destroying our own manufacturing industry. Bet the story is no different in Canada.

We no longer know how to make things in this part of the world, and yes, I’m blaming you and your friends.

I can’t think of a single government that doesn’t have a questionable economy…

Which isn’t to say that I don’t like your reasoning, I do.

But I’m far more interested in the labor conditions available for the workers at the shop where stuff is getting made, than the fact that it’s getting made somewhere else…

that applies to products made in the US/China/Ecuador/Tehran, etc etc.

That being said, Steve and Chris aren’t dummies - nor are they heartless jerks.

these are dudes in OUR community.

Still worth supporting.

1 Like

No, Adam, their China product is not worth supporting when they are making it in China solely to put a few extra bucks in their pocket. This is 100% a profit move, they want in on budget yoyos, and they want to make as much as possible doing it, so they’re shipping work overseas.
Working conditions in China don’t mean Jack to me, because there are people here in my very own town without ANY work, and I would be less than surprised if there weren’t people that would LOVE to be machining and assembling in your town, as well.

Yeah, Adam, I bet you think they’re worth supporting, because they’re supporting you.

You are also a member of the North American “community”, but you’re okay with CLYW giving work to foreign markets as opposed to supporting us back? Hypocrisy.

isn’t the purpose of a company pretty much to make money…

is walmart out there to really help the people get clothes to they really care??
is any business out there because they are 100% for the people and dont care how much money they loose and whether or not they are in debt.
business need to make money and chris and steve probably didn’t make this decision on a whim…
i don’t get why you are having such a big deal about this. I commend steve and chris for making yoyos at an affordable price… do i care where they are made no not really… ive talked to people who remember the days where the only yoyos you could get that were worthwhile were the ones you made or modded…

Mikers would you rather go back to that… or just sit here with and complain because a company i have yet to see you like is moving a very tiny part of their manufacturing to asia…

Go back to that? My daily is still a FHZ, best yoyo in the world ever, we’re all mighty spoiled.
You’re currently speaking to one of those people, it wasn’t all that bad. Better than over-saturation.

1 Like

then happily go back there and leave this forum in peace…

2 Likes

Nope

It’s fine for one to have an opinion. Mikers doesn’t like it. He’s entitled to share how he feels about it. As long as everything is done in an appropriate manner.

I personally think its smart of them to do so whether I like it or not. They want to cater to everyone. Not just the die hard clyw fans. Everyone will get to experience a clyw whether its a high end or china gold. Lets not forget that they are a company. Companies want to make money. That’s just how it is.

We just need to get our hands on these china golds and see how they play.

1 Like

Mikers, you are adorable.

3 Likes

Mikers, I am not exactly sure what positive outcome you expect to achieve by your unusual perspective?

I am really glad you love the FHZ… I know I have enough of them, lol. It is pretty timeless(especially after I 'tweak em a little bit).

But I am looking at a 2007 World Yoyo Contest Gold sparkle edition FHZ in the sealed package.

On the back in the very lower left corner, it says ‘Made in China’.

Newer smaller Yoyo Company products, made in China; is not exactly a recent original idea.

Doh!

4 Likes

you can think that if you want - but I’d recommend you take time to know me before making judgments.

I’m certainly not mad - I can’t be. I don’t think we’ve ever met in person. (If we do, I’ll happily hang out and swap tricks with you though)

BUT… I’m bummed that you’d think that the working conditions of a fellow human across the globe aren’t as important - simply because of their lack of proximity.

It’s about valuing everyone.

Sure, it’s important to take care of those close to you, but not at the expense of those far away either.

Besides, as for selfish motivations - I’ve actually asked CLYW to not send me as much stuff since I don’t need it. I’d rather it go to more active members.

I’m not saying it’s a perfect system, and Chris and Steve were, and ARE great about looping in the rest of the team for feedback. They didn’t make this decision in a vacuum or far above everyone else’s heads.

They understand the reservations, and they’re still doing a ton of local production.

I get your concerns about “fueling money” elsewhere… but at the end of the day, they’re still doing good work that I believe I can truly support…

So either my friends are intentionally deceiving people - or they’re worth trusting.

I could be cynical, but I’d rather be vulnerable.

Which isn’t to say that you’re being cynical. (Maybe you are, I can’t tell over the internet) but just to say, I don’t think m/any of us really know enough to actually have confidence in what we’re talking about - except those closest to it. (i.e. Steve and Chris)

So you either trust them and their intents to better the community - or you don’t.

And maybe you don’t. And that’s fine.

But I do.

I’m gonna stand by that.

1 Like

ill take what you dont want.

And sold in places like Toys r us and Big 5, not a high dollar, bi-metallic, specialty item sold specifically to enthusiasts by enthusiats, made in China by someone who doesn’t know what a bind is.

Well I think this one solved itself Mikers, your daily yo-yo is made in China and it’s the “best yo-yo in the world.” No need to continue any argument here.

And if you don’t want to buy any of the new CLYW yo-yos then the solution is simple, don’t buy them, but please stop causing arguments in every thread you post in. There’s really no need for it and it’s getting old.

9 Likes

ok so from what I have seen you have a problem with outsourcing…that is the only thing that is upsetting you.

I’d like to point out that while I am not necessarily a fan of outsourcing, until we have cheaper local production services we have no alternative if we wish to alleviate the cost of a product. A yo-yo made in China plays just like a yo-yo made in America. there is no difference other than the region it is made in. there are still standards and practices for selling products and we know for sure that Chris and Steve will lose sleep over the quality of the products made outside of the region they normally are made in until they are absolutely perfect. The people who run these manufacturing facilities in China still need to know how to operate the machinery and run the programs to design the products they make JUST LIKE YOU DO WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING MADE ANYWHERE ELSE.

I’m excited to see how all these new models turn out. I’m not really bothered by some of them being made in China, I’m sure it’s a smart business move that will get some new high quality throws in our pockets with minimal wallet drainage. Plus, I own so many things that say “Made In China”, I would feel silly taking a stand against it now… and if purchasing a CLYW produced there did bother me, I simply wouldn’t do so. On a lighter note, I suspect the Borealis will sell like crazy when it hits. I wonder if I’ll be able to get one :slight_smile:

i believe the borealis will be a us made throw. But I agree. It probably will sell fast.

I never meant to say it wasn’t, that last statement was unrelated to the China thing :stuck_out_tongue: I apologize for not being clear enough…