New CLYW Yo-Yos (inc. Bimetal)

Oh. Ma bad. Yeah. I think it’ll be a big hit. I like the way it looks. Haven’t tried the ac(which I believe is what gormley used) but I wonder if it had influence.

Oh, are there any pictures of it floating around the internet? I thought it could only be seen in Zach’s world’s freestyle. Also, in regards to how it plays compared to the AC2, here’s a quote from Zach I found on the CLYW website:

“My last model the Arctic Circle 2 was great for going fast, but almost too fast and if I pushed too hard it was easy for me to get out of control. The Borealis is way more stable and easier to control speed wise. If I want to go fast I can go fast and not worry about going out of losing control.”

gambit posted pictures in the borealis thread.

1 Like

I just can’t believe that with all this fuss about Chinese-made CLYW’s… we’re all simply overlooking the fact that Onedrop are based in Japan and force one poor Asian worker to slave away all day in a locked room where people watch from a webcam for their own sick pleasure. :-\

#freethedang #supportUSAmanufacturers

5 Likes

leave it to good ole gambit to come out of the woodworks with a good picture…

You don’t even want to know what’s going down at the ART facilities. ;D

amplified don’t tell me they’ve enslaved the blacks!!..

such inhumanity is intolerable…

ooh ooh! Me first!

At the ART factory, you guys… Are baking apple pies, and seeing who can juggle the most! Am I close?

Close. Southern comfort food is a big deal here in AL. We coat each testers hands in homemade BBQ sauce. It’s great.

ah! Must be how you get those amazing splashes and blasted anos too huh?

Well that BBQ and lil something something extra. :slight_smile:

you should open a restaurant and serve a $100 dollar dish of ribs with a side of BBQ sauce in a shout. Customer gets to keep the shout as a souvenir. I would throw down some money. Clyw can also do this and serve maple syrup in one of their return tops.

Yeah, I think I can safely say that this thread has not only derailed, it has plummeted into a ravine, crashed into the cliff rocks and exploded into a bright orange ball of flame and shrapnel.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/bttf/images/6/6f/Delorean-locomotive_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131025203615

My interest in clyw has just grown exponentially. I really hope the bimetal comes in solids. It also doesn’t hurt that Andrew is my favorite player.
Edit: wow I am glad I was gone for the storm that came through this thread.

1 Like

hmm I must admit I’m rather uneducated on this entire mater. But it would seem in my opinion that a large part of CLYW’s marketing appeal was based upon the fact that the throws were designed and then made in a north american market.

By abandoning that mind-set a large portion of the fan-base is easily put off and even annoyed at feeling abandoned by a company they could relate with. And now instead they are left with a company they feel is all about profit.

While all companies are all about profit I think most Fans felt that CLYW was going against the grain and at least trying to profit in a seemingly more “honorable” framework. The abandonment of that framework brings about all manners of questioning. Possibly most of all the pricing of throws that are not entirely supporting the efforts of peoples on their own continent. Especially considering the questionable ethics of Chinese manufacturing.

That’s your opinion, and I respect that.

However, I feel that’s off kilter. People have asked for months, years even, for CLYW to make a budget metal. Check there ask.fm page, there’s high demand. To meet their customer’s needs, they go for it, and the result is everyone is mad.

Also, everyone’s been wondering when will CLYW make a bi-metal and a titanium? Steve quoted an American made bi-metal at $200 plus. Everyone would throw a fit, CLYW are expensive enough, aren’t they? Chinese made will ensure the bi-metal will stay at their price point, which I assume will be ~$150.

To say that most people will be disappointed and feel abandonment from CLYW is ridiculous to me. Chris has run CLYW for nearly ten years now, I wouldn’t have a problem with him making a few dollars, or Steve for that matter. We want Americans (or Canadians) to get these machining jobs to help put food on their families tables, but when Chris or Steve want to do it, everyone’s up in arms.

I think I speak for 99% of CLYW’s fan base when I say I personally could not care where these are made. There are more than enough CLYW fans out there who are willing to buy anything with their name on it.

4 Likes

100% this. The main reason that CLYW are making bi-metals and doing what they can to lower the prices is because their fans have repeatedly asked them to. Like it or not, it is what ‘the people’ want.

At any rate, regardless of where it’s made, I have no doubt that the Maider sig and Zach’s new plastic will fly off the shelves like free steaks in Memphis.

Also, with all this talk about ‘profit’, you’d think Chris was rolling around in one of these:

Let us not forget that this is a man with a family (+Yogi) and team to take care of, and that things got so bad following the Yeti crisis that at one point Chris had to get a second job and CLYW was almost lost. He has never struck me as someone that cares all that much about money and profit, and definitely not the kind of person that would put such things above his loyal fans.

http://smbyeg.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ChrisMikulin-GuestBloggerPhoto.jpg

Just look at that face.

Heck, #nobottomkissing, but without Steve and his savvy business ways (like this recent decision), we might not even have CLYW at all at this point. Man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do to put food on the table, yoyos in the team’s hands… and dog food in Yogi’s mouth. :slight_smile:

But I digress, so let me get back to the matter at hand:

WHEN ARE THE FOOLS GOLDS COMING OUT?!

3 Likes

#chinagold

How many times do I have to say this? Stop thinking about yourselves. They said that they will still be making their return tops in the us. Only when it is necessary will it be made in china. Even if it was 50/50, it’s to make the majority happy. Not just the small group that has money for the “best quality” throws. Again. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but for Christ sake, you haven’t even played one yet. At least wait till you play one first.

I don’t about you guys but I’m ready for some china gold

So when are the signature Mikulins coming out?? Here’s the engraving for the cup.