CLYW Blizzard

Does anyone know when it is releasing?

Latest news on the ask.fm says around February/March. CLYW’s gonna have a big year.

$160 !!!!!!!

I thought they were moving production to China to make availability and reasonable prices a thing. Whatever clyw.

1 Like

I know this is really expensive and my most expensive Yoyo is only $70 but this actually is not that bad for a bimetal clyw

Yeah a lot of their high end splashes are around $160 anyways .

This is a good price for a clyw bimetal

I had the same question that it is this expensive when made in China. But Chris told me that they are just starting out there as time will go the prices will go down too. And honestly I’m more hyped for igloo then blizzard.

That means the final price would have been much higher had they not outsourced the production to China.
$160 is likely more “reasonable” than whatever the alternative was…

1 Like

I got a red one at pnwr. It’s very good. By far one of the best crafted bimetal throws I own.

Is it worth the price?..Yes, considering that not very many were made(I’m pretty sure there were about 150-200 made this run, but I could be wrong) it is relatively cheap.

Btw I also threw the new yeti and it is sooooooooo goooooood. :slight_smile:

I meant to click quote, not thanks, but what evs… I dont understand your surprize to the price? when this is a normal cost of a mono metal splash, I would expect a bimetal to cost more. ESPECIALLY a CLYW. I think its a great price and look forward to owning one. Those who are turned off by this just means its gonna be easier for us to get ours. :slight_smile:

Seriously. It seems that no matter what CLYW does, people have to find something to be dissatisfied or complain about, and it’s usually the price. Their regular mono metals retail for $120-$140 usually, so $160 is not a lot, especially for a bimetal. Can’t folks just be happy that they are even making a bimetal?

Its like the current banter going on with the Big Dipper. People have complained for years non-stop about CLYW only selling outrageously expensive throws. So what did CLYW do? They created a widely available plastic that pretty much anyone can afford. And instead of being happy/appreciative about it, people have to find things wrong with it. Currently, the bearing isn’t good enough for folks apparently, and people don’t like the “cheap” feel of the plastic. What gives ???

2 Likes

If u ain’t got no haters ur doin somethin wrong

They do this and then everyone complains more. Complaining about the price is meh, they aren’t getting rich off us. Draupnir’s are 230.

I don’t understand the complaints with the Big Dipper (with the Blizzard, too, which has not even come out yet). The Big Dipper is one of the best plastics I’ve ever played with. The bearing is totally fine. Bearings can be changed. Since when is the stock bearing in a yo-yo an actual complaint when you can go ahead and get a replacement bearing?

Ive never once kept a stock bearing in more than an hour or so before swapping it out for something usually much better.

that’s cheap what are you talking about.

Hey guys I like to throw…I like to buy and sell throws too…I take excellent care of my throws…I’m an American and I expect good competitive pricing…when a manufacturer says it cost them so much that they must sell for $160.00 then so be it! Please don’t complain it makes people look bad…k

There is a reason for the higher price tag for a china made clyw Bi-metal. Clyw makes smaller batches compared to the other companies making bimetals in china. In order to actually profit they need to increase the price. I like this idea because it allows them to test and perfect each individual product and to ensure that the b-grades don’t slip through. Besides, most clyw are already 155$. 160 shouldn’t be a surprise.

Unfortunately, we live in an age of entitlement and instant gratification. People believe they’re entitled to nothing but the absolute best at the cheapest possible price with absolutely no flaws whatsoever, right this second. I see this in other hobbies I’m involved in outside of yoyoing. Video games are a perfect example. The entitlement attitude and unrealistic expectations of gamers (particularly the younger generation) is something that’s completely ruining the industry.

But I’m deviating from the topic and borderline ranting here, so I will quit while I’m ahead ;D

We’ve been over this: CLYW prices their yo-yo’s so highly because they can and people will buy them. Everybody understand? Ok cool. Perfect.

It is obviously possible to make an affordable bimetal (and just about anything) in China (shameless sponsor plug: the new yoyofficer bimetal is going to retail for $70 and is made in China!), CLYW just sells yo-yo’s for a lot of money because they can. Would you rather make a little bit of money or a lot of money? Some people have complained about the Big Dipper being $15 more than the First Base, yet they are both made in China and in the same (I believe, anyway) factory. CLYW does what they can to make moneymoneymoney. Chris has a family and a team to support. Also, who doesn’t want to make more money?

I will wait until the hype around the Blizzard dies down and trade for one. Thats what I always do with CLYW’s and I suggest that everybody else does. There are plenty of fantastic yoyos out there to occupy your interest while you wait.