Best USA bimetals

Can anybody tell me any good USA-made bi-metal yo-yos? Made is USA is super important for me.
Thanks!

1 Like

None of them are made in the states (bi-metals)

4 Likes

The only U.S. company that I know of which makes (machines) yoyos is One Drop and they don’t make a bi-metal. So I’m guessing you won’t find any USA-made bi-metals.

3 Likes

That’s really too bad. I hope One Drop makes one at some point.

1 Like

There may have been some made in the past, but you’d have to figure out which those were and then find them. Ernie at General YO, Ben at Yoyofactory or Kyle Weems would be the first people I’d think to ask or maybe @Grendel knows.

3 Likes

It’s kind of a meme that there are no bimetals made in the USA. Very, very few yoyos are fully constructed and assembled in the US at all. The only fully made in the US yoyos at all are One Drops with a few older yoyos having used their machine shops for prior productions.

3 Likes

Where doe G2 Jake have his machined? @G2_Jake

1 Like

Looks like there aren’t really any made in the US, but really anywhere that isn’t China is what I’m looking for.

2 Likes

Lots of stuff in Japan I believe. Turning Point?

3 Likes

Is there a reason for this? Chinese manufacturers do a lot to support the community and machine in top-notch quality.

5 Likes

uh oh… :ok_man:t3:

5 Likes

Old Japan model like Draupnir I think makes in Japan.
But now with the low cost + high precision machining from China, especially FPM is the popular name. It has been a great option for big brand like YYR, TP, Yoyofactory, Unprld, DP, etc to have it done there

3 Likes

Japan I would love. looks like Sengoku used to make in Japan but switched to China. Know of any others in Japan?

4 Likes

I know. Even if it’s the same quality though, I still feel a lot better purchasing non-China models. Henrys makes in Germany, but they’re a little outdated.

3 Likes

I don’t think YoYoRecreation makes any of their bi-metals in Japan anymore. The highest-priced model on YYE is the Skyfish and it is only $205, which means it is machined in China, if I’m not mistaken. Even the Valkyrie is made in China now. You’d have to get an older YYR model from a BST if you want Made in Japan.

As for One Drop, they’ve explained that in order to make a bi-metal themselves, they’d have to price it beyond what anyone would pay for it, and they aren’t interested in selling $350 bi-metals in an era where top-tier bi-metals routinely sell for under $100.

4 Likes

Yoyofriends is all FPM in Japan, correct?

1 Like

FPM is machine shop base in China, not Japan.

4 Likes

I guess. I might pay for a $350 bi-metal by One Drop if I really liked it.

2 Likes

No they just charge 250+ for aluminum bi metals made in china

3 Likes

Idk, if it’s feasible to do a single run they could probably clear them out regardless of price, just judging by the fact that collectors are willing to pay who knows what for those simple yoyo coins they made. Long term though there’s probably not much market for them

3 Likes