New CLYW Yo-Yos (inc. Bimetal)

I’d guess if Maider’s bi-metal was made in the states you’d be looking at a $300 yoyo, then everyone would be complaining about the price of it, instead of where it’s made. Can’t please everyone I guess.

7 Likes

They do need a way to get the maiderade colorway made in china tho

Been dying for a maiderade throw. One of my favorites. And also 28 stories

Was it that the bi metal will be limited in colors or any china product?

You may have missed an earlier discussion about why CLYW is doing this in the first place. It’s to get people to know and feel the “CLYW experience”. The prices, of course, wont be the same. You won’t be paying $120 for China quality products, but more like $70. They are just trying to get their yoyos into more people’s hands. I’m absolutely sure Chris and Steve discussed this very same topic and still chose this because it is most beneficial to the company. Oh, and YYR still puts their name on the Rebellion yoyos, its just a series, kind’ve like all YYF budget metals. But maybe I misunderstood you. Oh well.

Maybe they should put a little logo or something on them for the series. Like they have fools gold for flawed throws. too bad fools gold is already a thing. China gold?

China Gold…I second that vote. :smiley:

1 Like

He doesn’t say the cost for the bi-metal will be low. He says manufacturing it in China will keep it in line with the rest of their product.

Bleh. If I wanted a $120 China yoyo I’d get a YYF.

I might check out the plastic, but you can count me out of the rest.

if you like yyfs bi metal that’s China made, how do you know that clyws won’t be just as good if not better at the same cost? You also get a cool China gold logo on it ;D

Lol. I don’t buy 120 YYF. That’s my whole point. I don’t want ANY Chinese $120 product.

Ahh… Okay. That makes more sense. What if it’s a reply good return top at $120?

Have any Apple products? TV’s, computers any other electronics in your house? All Chinese made :wink:

2 Likes

Quality has nothing to do with geography.

5 Likes

True dat Steve.

1 Like

It’s nothing more than a false stigma.

1 Like

I don’t understand everyone’s beef with China. I recently got a parallel imported Chinese Market Barracuda and it is one of the highest quality yoyos I have owned.

1 Like

Some people like to know their yoyo was made by USA labor, not for cheaper labor in China. Not saying the quality of China made things is inferior than USA.

How about we wait and see how these throws play before making any accusations. For all we know, these could very well end up being our favorite yoyos.

1 Like

Isn’t about the quality for me. It’s about knowing my money went to a questionable economy. Where the government purposely manipulates raw material prices and labor practices in order to tempt other countries to move their industries and jobs away. Any money that goes in supports the whole.

1. Isn’t about the quality.
  2. Since I’m forced to buy a lot of China made stuff I should be OK with another avenue existing to send my money to China?

I’m forced into the scenario where almost everything I buy has to come from China or at least China sees some benefit (like if I buy a USA/North America product but that money is going toward funding a project happening in China). I don’t like that I’m forced to do that with almost every other part of my life.

Niche markets like yoyos and other hobbies are about all that’s left that give me the opportunity to buy local. Just kinda bums me out that CLYW is going that way. Sure the yoyos will be great though.

I’m sure almost anyone who has read a post by me knows I feel passionate about it. In my mind I liked to think other yoyo makers were like minded. But anyway, this isn’t a thread about China so that’s the last I’ll say about it. I must bow out of any (USorCH) new CL purchases. I’m sure the yoyos will be great though!!! Party on.

2 Likes

thats a reasonable response. I was thinking if many people were iffy due to this fact. Looks like one did. So in this aspect, yes. I agree. But will it away me away, 100% not. I’m gonna buy me some China gold.

Clyw. Make China gold happen! Has a good ring to it! You don’t even have to pay me for my contribution! Just a yoyo or 10.

There was a write up in the news this week about what the general population of China thinks of us. Yall should google it. Create more jobs in China…?