5mm is the inner diameter, 10mm is the outer diameter, and the width is 4mm

The C bearing, by comparison, in mm is:
6.35X12.7X4.75
In “Standard”:
.25"X.5"X.187"

Correction made :wink:

Yuki

my mistake its fixed

Oh ok i get it now. Is there an advantage to using a size A bearing?

better for regens due to smaller gap.

Classic. Beats most metals.

inb4 most plastic can beat metals

I dunno, mangs. Big big love for the Classic, for sure. It’s fun and I enjoy it. But it’s not beating most of my metals. Not quite heavy enough for long spins, and not quite small enough to comfortably get into tight spaces (even the standard underpass dismount from wrist mount). That’s just my perspective.

If they’ve taken the DNA of the Classic and made it heavier, etc. in the Surge, that’ll be the all-plastic for me. Plastic with weight rims, pretty hard to beat the Trigger!

The user stated earlier in the thread that they didn’t like the Classic

Onestar forever!

I’d say get a protostar. It is an inexpensive yoyo that is far better than a lot of metals.

It spins for a long time but it actually hurts your hand after a while. It doesn’t have a comfortable “feel” wen holding or throwing it at least in my opinion.

Actually it doesn’t really hurt ur hand. Its just “uncomfortable”.

I find the Protostar to be one of my most comfortable yoyos. Different strokes, I suppose.

Yuki

Yea must be. It just must be personal preference and taste then :slight_smile:

Hey there! I just wanted to thank everyone for your suggestions. I did end up ordering the DM2…and LOVE it!! :slight_smile: I’m learning lots of new tricks and having a great time. Thanks again!

1 Like

Onestar. Cant go wrong there.

That’s not what physics says…

I think a DMII will be just perfect for you. It is not in your preferred price range, but in time, if you continue in the hobby, you will spend more in the future anyway. That’s if if you are unsure about a future in the hobby.

I do not recommend the Classic for you, although I enjoy it. The reasons why, are that you already said it feels bulky and you don’t like the gap too much. Besides, your boyfriend already owns one that you can borrow. I think you should go for variety, and buy something different from what your boyfriend has, and borrow your boyfriend’s plastics from time to time. You have access to a Classic already.

The Dark Magic II was the first yo-yo I threw that did not cost a ton, but it was stable, long spinning, and easy to land tricks on. It comes with both a responsive bearing and an unresponsive bearing. Also, it comes in many, many, neat color varieties, which is nice if you like color selection. I regret buying a lot of cheaper yo-yos, and wish I started my collection there.

The trouble with yo-yos or anything else really, is that the opinion of what is better varies from person to person, based on preferences. I can only tell you which yo-yo really worked for me at the beginner stage, and that yo-yo, the Dark Magic II, I still play regularly over a year later. Not sure if you are still reading these posts, but good luck with the tricks. I hope you found the suggestions helpful.

How are the tricks coming along? Keep us posted.

She’s definitely on board!