my boyfriend got new throws-I want one too

The Dark Magic II is an awesome choice to go from “zero to hero” as Studio 42 says.

However, be aware that it’s also a bit on the “bulky-feeling” side. It’s not quite as big as the Classic, but it still has some beef to it. :wink:

I would recommend the PSG. Doesn’t feel big and huge in the hand, fairly stable, and pretty good sleep times for a plastic.

I would listen to Studio42. DM2 is a great throw for sure. It can take you from nothing to everything!

There’s also the Anne Connolly whip for you; I’m going to pick up one for my wife and my oldest daughter soon. It’s bright pink!

The Whip is a fun and well made yoyo, but I don’t recommend it for new/newer players. Why? If too new, they may not be able to bind and not being able to bind from the get-go might be discouraging. The other reason is that it’s very light, so reduced spin time.

If the can get over the fact they have to “learn a trick” just to bring it back and are willing to accept some initial frustration while they get the bind down, that’s why I don’t recommend starting with an unresponsive yoyo.

Other than that, it’s a great and super affordable yoyo. I have two of them and I got one for my kid at CalStates(he can bind, so it’s not an issue for him). He’s been playing my Square Wheels Rex a lot lately.

I know the DM2 comes in a translucent pink and it looks pretty good. I think there may also be a Legacy II with pink caps for a budget alternative.

My vote would be for classic because it’s not a good yoyo. It’s a great yoyo! But if you don’t like it, the DM2 get my vote. Even after playing with high end metals, this is still one of my favorites.

If we’re talking DM2 prices I think the Hitman pro would fit the preferences better

I would recommend getting the lyn fury or kickside. They’re 30 cents over what you stated but they are worth it. Personally i like the lun fury better because it has a wider gap and i like the shape but the kickside works just as well. Just have in mind that the kickside has a smaller gap. Both are good for responsive play and when you’re ready get a yyj speed bearing and put it in and they work great for unresponsive play too. Like other people said, make sure to buy string.

Well the dm2 i think is really good for both responsive and unresponsive play. It is $44 but it comes with both a responsive and unresponsive bearing and later it can be used for grinding and can be used for more advanced tricks.

If you’re willing to spend the money go for it. (I made posts before seeing this sorry) I have one and it is great for both responsive and unresponsive play. It comes with a responsive and unresponsive bearing and both work great. When you’re ready pop the unresponsive bearing (yyj speed bearing) in and you’re ready to go. It is great for more advanced tricks and grinding as well.

Personally i don’t really like the Hitman pro and i wouldn’t suggest it. I have had one and it has a small gap so the string will rub the edges quickly which drastically decreases spin time. Some people like it because it fits the hand while other yoyos like the dm2 are larger. Personally i like larger yoyos so the dm2 fits me better. If you don’t mind a smaller gap and like smaller yoyos that fit the hand the Hitman pro fits you though.

Oh geez im sorry for spamming ur thread i didn’t realize i was. :frowning: sorrrry

Jk. P

The first post said they liked the size and shape of the One so that’s what I was going off of

Mkayy srry :frowning:

Don’t apologize dude, you made some great points.

Yay!!! I feel smart nowwwww :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: hehe.

I like the flipside it is just unresponsive though. It is great and nimble. Also being able to switch between a size c and size A bearing

What is a size A bearing?

there are 4 main Bearing sizes.

C size: this is found in most yoyos as it yields the longest sleep times

A is found in Duncan’s and cheaper Yoyojams

D which is found in hspins I believe.

And metric which is in xcubed and Ilys.

The Duncan flip side has spacer that flip, hence the name, to make it to where it accepts both bearing sizes. As. Both have their differences.