Musicians Unite!

Since this thread was revived I just have to show my latest acquisition from Cowbrand Guitar. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Very cool guitar :hugs:

2 Likes

Cowbrand, never heard of that company…

18 frets?

Those pickups and that bridge/tailpiece!!! Don’t think I’ve seen anything like it, very unique! :guitar:

2 Likes

Cowbrand specializes in custom parlor guitars. They also sell their hardware to other custom makers. This guy winds his own custom pickups too.

3 Likes

Very cool, Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

This is the one! I need to get different switches I now realize lol.

1 Like

This is me around one year ago before get sick, playing my handmade classical guitar made by Stephen Eden in his showroom in South UK.

Asked him to make me an arm rest for comfort, it is signed with a dedications on the inside soundboard, mechanics picked up by me made in Spain, obviously cedar top cause I always loved the warm sound compared the spruce.

Miss those days :broken_heart:

9 Likes

I play lots of ukulele. I love it.

5 Likes

I occasionally slap the bass.

12 Likes

This is my main instrument right now. It’s a soprano Lanikai pineapple shaped uke (Weekender for scale). I’ve gone to a couple local uke jams, but don’t really play in public any more than that.

9 Likes

Awesome and bro you look so relaxed/happy. Agree on the warmer tone. Looks like some real quality stuff

1 Like

Classical music/guitar is my “home”, I did really felt that the world was alright when I was sit down playing, that guitar is an absolute monster, great projection and great finishing, I will take some more close up pictures to post tomorrow but is really a beautifully handmade instrument, had to save for an year and a half to afford it lmao

3 Likes

Do we get to see a video? I would love to hear you play Albertino!

I also dabble in slappin’ da bass

On the left is a Japanese made Fender P-Bass Lyte that I turned into a fretless. On the right is a Schecter Raiden Special. I used to have a blue Warwick Streamer 5-string but ended up selling it when I was strapped for cash years ago. I miss that one. I also used to have a Gallien-Krueger 800RB head with a SWR 4x10 Workingman’s cabinet but downsized to a GK Backline 115 when the head started having problems.

Not pictured is a crappy acoustic guitar and a 61-key keyboard and an Akai LPD8 drum pad that I mess around with on my computer. Acoustica Mixcraft is my current DAW of choice.

6 Likes

Nice!

Is that a Daphne Blue Jazz bass?

Did you happen to catch that OD Daphne Blue Fat Tire a few months back?

1 Like

Heck yes, I play. I actually produced a full length album. Unlike most people, I actually hired singers, sound engineers, and collaborated. I don’t believe people should record music without a professional engineer, in my opinion. Play bass mostly but I really shine on the ukulele!

Vapors In Time (Book One) | jonyoyo (bandcamp.com)

2 Likes

It is! Nothing super fancy, though. It’s a Squier CV '60s Jazz. Pretty slick little player for the price, though.

Left to right: Squier P-Bass I picked up for nothing at a pawn shop and used as a project bed to “build” my own Pino Palladino clone, '08 Fender American Standard P-Bass (that one is my baby - best playing bass I’ve ever touched), Taylor GS Mini acoustic guitar, Squier Classic Vibe '60s J-Bass, project bass I built from Warmoth parts to mimic the setup of the short scale Stingray - swamp ash body with a wenge neck/ebony fretboard, Squier Bronco that I pickup swapped to a '50s precision style pickup and a mint PG.

I missed the OD. That’s a bummer. Daphne Blue is one of my favorites.

1 Like

Drums and piano here. Not especially great at either, but I can hold my own. :joy:

2 Likes

As long as this thread is back, I’d like to check in again as well! This Spring I was hired by a regional band and have been finally living my dream of being a professional musician this Summer! I still fix cars on the side and do odd jobs for bar money but my dream of having my music generate (just) enough income to live on has been realized.

It’s crazy to look back on the original post and see where I’ve landed since then, it seems like a million years ago LOL but this Summer has been the busiest ever for me.

A yoyo still lives on stage while I play, and makes it into a lot of our photos cause I still throw on breaks. I even snuck it onto one of our formal pictures:

Anyway just thought I’d check in here. Hopefully next time this thread comes around I’ll have a private jet and pictures of myself playing somewhere exotic, like Tucson.

Ivan

11 Likes

Getting paid to do something you love, living the dream. :musical_keyboard:

Congrats Ivan, keep having fun! :musical_note: