Musicians Unite!

WoW!!! Super cool!

Hey this is wonderful! Really glad you posted this. Itā€™s Awesome to see other players that also play yo-yo.

I produced for DejJam and did AR for Sony BGM.

Iā€™d like to hear your music. Please send me a DM.
I donā€™t check this too often but Iā€™d really like to hear stuff from you.

I play and love all instruments, I enjoy banjo atm. I run it through a Mesa nomad and a 66ā€™ 2x15 Fender Band Master cab. I used a boundary microphone placed under the bridge and small welded tab, not the greatest quality, however I run that hoe through a pedal board with a moog mf-103 harmonic octave generator, OG muff fuz drive, delays. I produce with logic, apogee, use an Universal Audio La610, Neve interface, nothing fancy for the recording, Neumann TLM109, I like the green Bullet for voice better than a ribbon mic I also literally enjoy recording Vox directly into logic from the internal mic. Always always mogami cables. I use all sorts of ways to cut a track I.e 8track, magnetic tape (real to reel), 189g vinyl with a lathe, most times itā€™s plug and play. I like BT for com for session and used Sennheiser went through a plethora of Beats but now really impressed with apples max pros. 90% of the time tho Iā€™m using the the 8 ohm Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO from artist playback to the mix. 20 - 20,000 the lowest and highest frequencies a human can hear. Had a few nice midi controllers and gave up. I rock my 48 m-audio.

Hellla,

Josh 219-779-0128

IG - throwtrue

3 Likes

i own two very nice guitars and a nice amp, but ive never been able to grow much in my playingā€¦ longest ive ever stuck with it is a few months ever couple years i try again, i can do my basic chords and some scales but lacked progress enough to keep me interested despite my desire to be a great guitar player haha Sigh

2 Likes

Keep trying and it will hit someday. Make sure your guitars are well set up. It makes them easier to play.

1 Like

Just have to make it a habit / discipline. Play scales everyday even if the ā€˜sparkā€™ is not there. At least, thatā€™s what I do. One day it can become something more but the discipline comes first.

Played guitar for years, off and on. Now on. Also analog synth and electronics in a band. Also did a bit of recording engineering. A couple albums exist with me as engineer and as musician. But more importantly, music has always been something that just engaged me as a listener and as a player. I often play just to understand what it is in music that makes it interesting to me. Itā€™s a lifelong thing. Music is one of the things that makes life worth living.

Keep playing, everybody.

3 Likes

Being a musician is part of what drew me in to yoyoing. To me, music and yoyo share a lot of similarities. I see playing techniques, chord progressions, and songs the same way I see elements, tricks, and freestyles. What I enjoy about throwing is what I enjoy about music. You can take what youā€™ve learned and create your own thing out of it. I also enjoy the improvisational aspect and getting into a flow state.

I took a few years of piano lessons as a kid then picked up the bass in high school and played in a band for a couple of years. I joined another band after high school and played a lot of shows and recorded an album, but that sort of fizzled out. I still play bass almost every day and I make electronic music on my computer using my bass, a keyboard, and a drum pad just for my own personal amusement.

2 Likes

Played trombone and tuba in high-school. I tried to get into guitar but never really enjoyed it. Growing up I was always fascinated with bagpipes. About 8 years ago I decided I was going to learn so I found a local band and starting taking lessons. Played for a few years with them but work got in the way and havenā€™t had time for playing in a band. Still play several times a week at the house. Also have a mandolin I play around with but not to serious with it.

4 Likes

Just made this on a new app for Pixel phones by Teenage Engineering, Pocket Operator. They made a bunch of little mini samplers and drumachine type deals and I have a couple, but the app adds video. Made using a @chaosgow Wanker, and a @fatguysnacks247 Project Ti. Just a bad little riff made quickly to see what the app was about. I mostly play guitar and will post that wall in a minute!

9 Likes

Nice! Iā€™ve been wanting to get some of their stuff. They seem to sell out pretty quick though. Havenā€™t jumped on any yet. Look like a complete hoot either way! Especially coupled with LSDJ or Nanoloop!

Your song reminded me of this

1 Like

I have a PO Arcade. And a Korg Volca Sample. I tried LSDJ once but could not wrap my brain around it. Should give it another shot as some point.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a Breedlove acoustic, a box drum, and a Schecter 007/loop + delay pedal/25w amp. Shure SM27/Behringer DAC for recording, but I find myself mostly using Garageband on an old phoneā€¦ at some point I may set up macOS emulation on my PC so I can use the real mic with Garageband. Iā€™m sure the Scarletts are nicer but my setup sounds okay. I mostly record just to swap songs with a buddy who is a much more willing/successful musician, but I havenā€™t recorded anything recently. Just restrung the Breedlove and Iā€™m looking forward to writing some new stuff during my week off of work.

4 Likes

This is what Iā€™m playing every evening. A couple Squier offsets equipped with Fender 65 Pure Vintage pickups and set up properly. Out of the box these Squiers are nearly unplayable but they are an amazing value if you can do your own setup. I shimmed the necks, raised and loctited the bridge, put in extra copper foil for shielding in the body cavities, and set the tremolos MBV-style (they only work on downbends). After the shim the Jag needed a little truss rod adjustment. New pickguard and pickup selector on the Jazzmaster. Both are strung with 11s. Then, with the proper pickups installed these sound beautiful.

Meanwhile, itā€™s a gangload of pedals with Klon and Timmy overdrive clones, fuzzes including custom harmonic percolators, Buzzaround, Brassmaster I built, Hendrix Fuzz Face clone, MXR Blue Box, then modulation from an EHX Univibe clone and a couple crazy flexible looping delays from Montreal Assembly that are instruments in their own right. And there are more! Too much fun.

9 Likes

I play the harmonica. and iā€™m pretty nasty wit it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to necro this post to see if anyone is well-versed in electric guitar wiring. Looking for a diagram I can follow to wire up my Strat. Iā€™m not even sure if what I want is possible, as I have not been able to find a matching diagram on the internet. Essentially I want three on/off toggles, one for each pickup in the SSH configuration, so I can turn them on and off individually, and a master tone and master volume.

This is what my quick and dirty initial attempt looks like. Iā€™ll likely be using all the same hardware. It will look bad, but I want the configuration to work. As of now, the switches either do nothing, cut signal altogether, or make a brief interruption in signal when being flicked.

5 Likes

I usually go to the Seymour Duncan site. Are those Dimarzioā€™s? Their site should also have wiring.

1 Like

Theyā€™re guitar fetish. Iā€™ve trolled the manufacturer sites for others but have not come across what Iā€™m looking for. They all have 5 position blade switches

2 Likes

How about this?

That helps correlate which wires are which between the brands, but still nothing with three toggle switches.

1 Like

I missed that, Iā€™ll see if I can find anything on that

2 Likes

Check this one out on YouTube

2 Likes