Most Under-rated Yoyo?

As somebody already mentioned… So many Yoyos that don’t seem to get much mention.

A few I can think of: YYF Turntable, One Drop Terrarian, Vertex, Leviathan 6 and 7, Valkyrie.

1 Like

That is a really interesting picks on under ratted throws, but how can any Leviathan, Vertex or even Valkerie be under rated?
Vertex and Zephyr has enough recognition around here (SE Asia)

Well first of all, I am not from around Asia😳.

Secondly, I metioned yoyos that I personally feel seem to be underrated or at least under mentioned.

Since I don’t do: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit or any other social media sites; I obviously miss out on many things that come up in conversations.

I mainly navigate this YYE site and Yoyonews. I actually have things to do other than being immersed in Worldwide social media.

2 Likes

Reality is 99% of yoyos produced today play very well. That being said, anything that’s not a Draupnir, CLYW, or flavor of the month is underrated.

The funny thing is that if all yoyos did get rated we would all still argue about it anyways.

The classic.

Thank you, and that is a point I’m trying to make.
There are many under rated throws, and basically, an under rated throw for someone maybe not for someone else.

We can not agree on this kind of thing.
:smiley:

And this, I agree.
But it will be fun to rate all the yoyo on existence, maybe there will be some kind of committee or something.
Like 80plus rating for PC power supply.

The trouble with rating yoyos is that there are few measures you could use that would be of any real significance. With motorcycles, something that are constantly rated and compared, you have road tests, track shoot outs, reports on maintenance costs, things that show how the bike works in the real world (more or less). What can you say when the YYF team can do all the same tricks on a $15 yoyo that they can on their new Ti model? There are no significant resale values, no maintenance costs, most of the things a person likes or doesn’t like about a yoyo boil down to personal preference, at least on the newer popular aluminum yoyos.

Yeah another way of framing this thread would be “What yoyo do YOU really like that you think is underappreciated?” Which I also think is a valuable thing to discuss - I’ve definitely looked at a few yoyos I want to try out, reading through it.

Definitely agree with the TYY (and with SPYY in general, historically). I’ve played that one almost every day since I got it last fall.

I’m really into the original superstar!

Great yoyo, no doubt.
Back in the days, it used to shine on top of most of most yoyos, far from being underrated. It has had its glory days, let it rest in peace, it has deserved it. ;D

This comment made me think, did you guys see David Ung’s instagram this weekend? He was posting a ton of his older tricks, all on a replay from what it looked like.

Yeah no doubt it got the credit it deserved for a long time. I still think it’s as good or can compete with anything out there.

I can’t let the superstar die though haha

I don’t do any of those either, Doc. I Just don’t need an endless supply of garbage to sift through.

ill throw a old yoyo that no one knows in here. The Hspin Nvx is probably the most well designed and finished yoyo that I ever had. The most beautiful beadblasted thing ever, I don’t think anything came close to it. Ano was perfect, D size bearing are a bit weird but I liked it. Weird shape but sits in the hand real nice. Plays pretty fast and the shape makes it really easy to land tricks. I got it when I was starting off and didn’t really appreciate it. Now I realize that its one of the best yoyos that I owned.

Spintastics torus

Just curious why you would say, ‘No one knows the NVX in here’?

1 Like

I think the YYO hatchet 2 is pretty underrated. It’s a budget metal and it’s really solid and plays nice.

Hatchet 2 is amazing. Played it all day yesterday.

The Torus, one of Spintastics’ better metal yo-yos compared to the older and painfully unreliable Trilogy.