Modern Responsive

If only……

I hope that if @Glenacius_K releases the Harbinger presented earlier in this thread, that he’ll have some gold ones…that way they won’t sell out all at once!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Mr. Glen isn’t the only one involved with the Metal Harbinger. It’s a colab with Mr. Glen and Mr. Mark with MK1.

From my understanding (limited truthfully), there were some tweaks to the prototype that they want to make.

Rember Mr. Mark has other projects too. Like the Origen we were talking about not to long ago.

4 Likes

That’s true mark needs as much blame. Stop playing with unicorns and start building the next best responsive.

Joking completely joking. Very excited for all the cool stuff that’s come along honestly almost need it all to slow down. Too much to buy all at once.

Maybe not slow down on responsive releases as much as produce enough product so they are available for retail purchase for “some time” so purchases can be comfortably spread out or an ill timed sneeze doesn’t result in a drop miss.

Not talking since 1954 but how about 3 months to a year worth of stock. The Origen release or Doc Pop re-releases (Thing, Weekender) may be good models to pattern. I bought an Origen retail in April and if I so chose, I can buy again today.

I know Stop that :crazy_face: Crazy :crazy_face: talk.

3 Likes

Mark and I are working on the Harbinger. We’ll get it done.

11 Likes

I gotta say… this XT plays much better than it has a right to. I’ve tried several inexpensive yo-yos and this one is by far the best.

5 Likes

I think most should own a whip, an imperial, butterfly and xt just cause they are cheap and cover a bunch of bases while being east and cheap to replace but I get that’s not for everyone.

4 Likes

We should see if Mr. Glen and Mr. Mark would do a “Boomer” specific design of the Metal Harbinger.

Pre-Order only type thing… I would imagine most “Boomers” would be all over it.

3 Likes

I bet you’re right. That’s a very Boomer thing to do.

2 Likes

Boomer colour or boomer engraving?

1 Like

That would be a “Boomers Club” decision.

But if you fine gentleman will entertain it. We can make it the clubs first order of business.

6 Likes

Please make it your first order of business! I really like the idea.

5 Likes

Yes Sir!

I just started the “Online” Yoyo Boomers Club to establish a Charter.

Yoyo Boomers Club

We will see where we go from here.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely all over this.

I want someone to make a circular Boomers Club graphic. Something that would be engraved on the large flat face inside the cup.

I don’t know yet whether mark agrees that a Boomers Club edition is a good idea yet at this stage.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it just say “OK Boomer” around the center? We can pick a font…

1 Like

Comic sans

I lack the skills needed to do much more than offer this simple proposal. The “O” being the design around the outside, then K BOOMER in whatever font. Of course we would need Mr Mark and Mr Glens logos as well.

2 Likes

These are my favorite responsive yo-yos minus freehand one bc that’s like not a modern Yoyo and I don’t really do modern responsive style tricks with it.

Deep state—I love this Yoyo. Not the best spin time but more than enough to pop around from stall to stall or loop some planet hops and explore what fun and funky stuff I can manage with it. Feels good in my hand and I like the small size and light weight. Really feels like a toy and I like that.

Theodore—This is one of my favorite yo-yos. It’s super heavy and feels kinda sketchy in a good way. It took me a long time to feel like I can play with this Yoyo decently well because it likes to be thrown super hard and I didn’t have the confidence in my responsive play to do that until more recently. Every trick just feels really good to land on it—extra satisfying. Playing this Yoyo feels like being under a big down comforter when it’s cold outside and your house is extra drafty.

Gnomad—wood fixie that crushes the more modern responsive style. It took me a second to get the feel for this one tbh like the response was slipping a bit but after getting the string broken in more and tightening up my technique, this thing slays like very fun Yoyo and a beauty. It does make me stay more aware of my technique or the response will slip but I need that. I’ve gotten better at playing with fixed axles bc of this yoyo.

Legend wing—just really good. kinda tight response now that I’m used to the more relaxed response with the gnomad, but still just really good and fun and cheap. Awesome Yoyo to get if you’re 0a curious. I like the connection to Yoyo history I feel when throwing a wooden fixed axle.

Whip and XT—just fun and cheap yo-yos I like to throw to remind myself how sick and fun dirt cheap yo-yos can be. These might be older yo-yos idk but I use them to do more modern responsive style tricks.

Confusion—pretty good but I’m still kinda mad at it for destroying my fingers when it had the hub stacks on. It has the snappiest response of the bunch and it feels good to do tricks on it so it gets included still.

6 Likes