Deeper State or El Mijo 6061? Help, please

Hi! I just started throwing again after more than a decade and recently Iearned stalls on my Playmaxx Proyo II. I was thinking of getting a slim metal responsive yoyo and had my eyes on the Alleycat 650b and the RBC.
Unfortunately, those aren’t available to me. The only slim metal responsives I can get are the Deeper State and El Mijo 6061. I know I can’t go wrong with either one of them, but which one do you think would better suit my needs? Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Ardeus. I’ve been asking similar questions … there’s almost a subculture / subcommunity here that knows the metal slimline responsive so well and has answered a number of my questions. I know you’ll get some great insight.

3 Likes

Do you know what style of yoyoing you plan on trying?

4 Likes

Why can’t you get an RBC? They are in stock here on the store.

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, there’s so much to learn just by skimming through the forums.

0A resonates with me the most. I want to be able to do shoot the moons, stalls, stop-and-gos, and other string tricks as well.

Hmm it’s just that shipping here almost costs as much as the RBC itself. :sweat_smile:
I think it’s a masterpiece, though. Amazing work!

3 Likes

El MiJo comes with 3 different types of bearings that give you different play styles: Unresponsive, responsive and fixed. Some people also like the finger spin hubs to do some pull start or other types of tricks with them. If you have any questions, let me know :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If you can’t get an rbc, (though I would suggest it) el mijo is the one to go with for 0a

3 Likes

I love my El Mijo!
I play fixed and responsive with it.
Absolutely love the response on it. Put a drop of thicker lube on the slim bearing and it’s a good bite.
The fixed blank in the el mijo is great too it’s easy simplicity you will be pleased with this. The big response pads are nice. And I don’t use any specific string just the bulk stuff.

The deep state is a fantastic throw but the semi responsive on it feels very different. Almost a leg to it and less snap when you want it. Especially when coming from the el mijo. It’s nice for what it does but plays differently. When compared to the el mijo slim set bearing it’s not far off but find the response still more reliable with the El Mijo

Also i like the finger spin hubs on the el mijo, moves like tape measure,… All day! Haha

If your on Instagram search #elmijo or #elmijoaigust me and a few others where having some fun. Any pics or specific stuff I’m happy to help. Oh and has the unresponsiveset up in box if you wanted to for fun now and then like I do.

5 Likes

Here is pic

6 Likes

The El Mijo sure looks fun! And it’s pretty slim too!
However, getting an RBC seems to be possible after all,
and now I can’t choose between the two! :scream:

3 Likes

Zgrt makes AMAZING products, and you can find some really positive reviews and trick videos on YouTube of people using the El Mijo. It looks like a fantastic yo-yo, and I plan on picking one up myself soon.

That being said, the RBC is the best feeling yo-yo I’ve ever held. It just feels perfect in the hand. It is also super smooth and can be tuned to be just as responsive as you please. Whether you get one now or get one later, I highly recommend picking one up at some point. You won’t want to put it down!

6 Likes

^
This seems to mirror every comparative review I have read on these two. Lots of love for the El Mijo (which I prefer aesthetically), but the RBC is in a different league. Fortunately, they’re both too good for me, so I can stick with aesthetics. :joy:

3 Likes

The El MiJo is gorgeous. I really love the design of it, so I can definitely see where you’re coming from on the aesthetics. I will say the RBC looks really clean in some color ways, like the un-engraved black run they released recently.

In the end, both are beautiful throws. All this thread is doing is making me want to buy an El MiJo sooner than I had intended lol. EVERY yo-yo is beyond my skill level at this point, but damned if I don’t love collecting them anyway.

As for the OP, the Deeper State IS also a lot of fun. I have both the Deep State and the Deeper State, and I like the extra width and stability of the Deeper State. I also like the way it fits in the hand more than the OG Deep State.

As far as three yo-yos to be torn between, OP chose a great trio!

4 Likes

OP,

I have all three you mentioned, My first choice and most played is my RBC. I like it so much I have 4 of them (YYE edition, Red, Black and Clear). I actually got the original El Mijo first. They both play responsive very well and the extras that come with the El Mijo make it well worth it.

I also have both OD Deep state and Deeper state, the Deeper State is definitely SEMI-responsive and harder to play sometimes. I don’t pull it out as often any more.

order of preference for me

RBC
EL Mijo
Deep State

4 Likes

Thanks for all your recommendations! After thinking about it for the past few days, I finally clicked that button and ordered 2 RBCs. Yes, 2. (Choosing colors was a dilemma in itself!)
I’ll have to check out the Deeper State and/or El Mijo some other time. :bowing_man:

4 Likes

Glad to hear you went with the RBC! It’s a fantastic yo-yo and I know you’ll love it. What colors did you end up going with?

I went with classic red and unengraved black. Can’t wait to play with them!

2 Likes

I have the un-engraved black, and it has such a great finish to it. I really hope you enjoy! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

i think the only answer is to get all 3 =]. i have all 3 (or had in the case of el mijo, was never happy with being sold “black” and getting a grey yoyo) and LOVE them all.

5 Likes