Thoughts on the El Mijo?

No to derail this thread, but in the same vain of slim profile responsive yoyos, have you heard much or tried the El Mijo? Looks cool.

1 Like

@AKYOYOMIKE can tell about the difference between a Deep/Deeper sates and El Mijo I bet.

4 Likes

I have a few deep states no deeper… i have a bunch of slim lines responsive and unresponsive…
El MiJo will satisfy all your responsive needs and you can make it fixed axel.
The AL6 (2nd run) is a bit lighter and i like that better for fixed and responsive.

4 Likes

Bro, don’t sleep on the mijo. It’s dope. There are still few available out there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you throw in the El Mijo the you should consider the RBC which was just re-released and you can still get a red one. I love my El Mijo but compared to the deep/deeper it is heavier (I have the 7170) and has a much smaller catch area.

2 Likes

Did you have an AL7 and then get the AL6? I loved the idea of the lighter El Mijo but just couldn’t do it.

Sorry for interrupting your quest for a deep state A2S. For your viewing pleasure.

9 Likes

Perhaps you wouldn’t mind describing the feeling of owning that many beautiful Deep States so we can all close your eyes and imagine, if even for the shortest of moments, that we are as lucky as you.

4 Likes

I’m not sure why all y’all closing my eyes would help you imagine anything but I agree fully that your imagination is as close as you will ever get to being as happy as me.

1 Like

Our eyes*

Dam I knew there was a typo in there somewhere.

All jokes aside though… is that over $1000 of deep states?

2 Likes

I got the Al7 first and didn’t hesitate to pick up the seconds run. Both are great. El MiJo is my favorite unresponsive slimline, it’s challenging, and powerful and perfect in your pocket. If you want a great slim line, unresponsive, a excellent metal fixed axel and a fun modern responsive all in the same yoyo…i encourage you to check one out.

5 Likes

I got close to half of them used but it is mighty close. I love each one of them and none of them go a week without being thrown. Different strings and side effects give them a slightly different feel.

El Mijo is a great throw. It came with different bearings and a bearing blank for a “fixie” setup. I ran mine with the blank for a bit but i like the current setup better, i’m using the slimline bearing. it’s right there with the deep state in terms of response and play, maybe a bit better in my opinion. i have 2 deep states and they sometimes don’t respond as consistently as i like. El Mijo always comes back with the first tug. The deep state has better spin time than my current El Mijo setup but that’s not what i want out of a responsive anyway and if i put the full spec bearing in, the spin time would likely increase.

honestly, if i was looking to get the Deep State or the El Mijo, i’d go with the El Mijo. It does everything really well, has a more predictable response and comes with different setup options. the DS has side effects, the El M does not…if that’s a consideration. Don’t get me wrong, I love them both but if i’m going with one or the other, i’m taking the Mijo.

good luck

enjoy the throw
kgb

3 Likes

Are there any other slim line responsive yo-yos you’d recommend?

1 Like

Responsive or unresponsive?..

Could never really dig my el mojo. The response just isn’t snappy enough for me. I don’t really like it for 0a for that reason. But for responsive 1a it’s great. Other than that the weight and shape is amazing and unique.

2 Likes

Responsive. I’ve recently found myself enamored by sleek slim line responsive throws you can just shove in your pocket. I just wish more came in muted darker colors.

2 Likes

RBC is an option. It only plays responsive.

2 Likes

I went ahead and ordered myself an El Mijo based on our conversation. Seems like a perfect staple to add to my responsive throws.

1 Like

Thanks for showing the love for El MiJo guys!! :pray: @GnarlyCharlie if you have any questions about the details of this throw, more than happy to answer them :wink:

2 Likes