El Mijo 6061 vs RBC

People who have experience with both of these. What do you prefer for 0a? I am having fun with a Manta Ray and a Confusion, and I want a high quality modern responsive. Looking at these two and was wondering about a direct comparison.

Thanks for any help.

4 Likes

I have the original El Mijo and the RBC, and I prefer the RBC for 0a. It’s lighter than my El Mijo and has better response for 0a in my opinion. The El Mijo feels closer to the Deep State to me and the RBC feels closer to a fixed axle yoyo. They’re both good yo-yos, but I think the RBC is a cut above. If you go with the El Mijo, I highly recommend using Danco silicone grease with the responsive bearing.

9 Likes

I have both and I second Eric’s opinion exactly.

5 Likes

I have neither, but if I was going based on universal praise around here I would say the RBC. That said I do have a spectra bloodcell that you couldnt pry away from me, so I am a fan of the shape

2 Likes

I have both MiJos 7075 and 6061. I have no intention to get the RBC because it would perform very similarly than El MiJo IMO.

MiJo 6061 is lighter than the original. Both come with different bearings that change the playability of the throw. That feature by itself stands out El MiJo from RBC.

I would say you should try both as all the comments you will get here including mine will be merely opinions based on personal tastes. :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I have both. Two MiJos (7075 & 6061). They are great throws and very versatile. (They come with an assortment of bearings for that purpose)

I have three RBCs, all the same except for color.

For my use, the RBC is more comfortable to throw and has a slight edge. (You must consider that I am very amateur)

3 Likes

I remember the rbc thread discussing that it takes different bearings as well that change the play

1 Like

Yeah, probably there are other bearings that kind of fit the throw but that tells me you have to go, search and order them separately, which would be kind of tedious.

1 Like

I think @Glenacius_K linked it in the RBC thread of what to get

1 Like

Why offer such an aggressive opinion when you don’t own both so you have no to way to compare? It’s a bit trollish. The bearing for the RBC is MR85-ZZ size.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean bro. If by saying that I don’t have intention to get the RBC is considered aggressive to you, well what can I do bro?

That’s why a said to get both so he can compare by himself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Well y’all have confirmed 3 suspicions I had…

1. They are both good
  2. It comes down to preference
  3. I should buy both

Now I just have to buy one and talk about it to my wife long enough for her to stop listening, then buy the other in a similar color way while she is zoned out. I have used this ruse for years with guitar pedals to great affect.

7 Likes

:flushed: I’ve been choosing yo-yo colors all wrong…

2 Likes

:joy: Pretty funny.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: sorry bro :person_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

There are different widths you can track down for the MR85 bearing that fits in the RBC, but the El Mijo is different in that it comes with a variety of D bearing widths and a bearing blank that can be used as a fixed axle.

So if you’re just looking at what works “out of the box”, the El Mijo has an edge as it uses a “standard” yo yo bearing size and it comes with 3 or 4 different options (I believe the 6061 shipped with an extra bearing width.)

That being said, I have both versions of the El Mijo and I have two RBCs. I really, really like the RBC. If you held me at gun point right now and forced me to choose, I’d just keep an RBC. That said, the El Mijo is a really nice yo yo and I almost feel bad that it came out around the same time as the RBC. If I were rebuilding my collection from scratch, I would try to get one of each.

The El Mijo has a more solid, square feel, reminiscent of the Deep(er) State. The RBC is zippier, lighter, and has a slightly smaller diameter, although the El Mijo is slightly narrower.

7 Likes

It’s funny because the RBC is far different in performance and feel than the EL Mijo. I guess they are similar in that they go up and down. Thats about it.

1 Like

Cool. Which version of El MiJo do you have?

I dont actually own an El Mijo. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’m giong by weight, shape and specifactions alone. The El Mijo is a fair bit heavier, has a different diameter, width, bearing dameter, gap, response pads. Those differences make for a very different yoyo.

In its standard responsive setup, I imagine the El Mijo would play semi responsive with a solid feel. With lots of lube it would be pretty responsive.

1 Like

Fair point with the exception of the lube bro. Again, it’s a matter of taste and preferences.

2 Likes