What’s the BEST responsive yoyo?

What’s a good/great/the best responsive yoyo. Preferably something I can trapeze without trouble. Gimme suggestions

2 Likes

one or replay.

3 Likes

Not a yyf fan

3 Likes

OG Moonshine or Deeper State or Panorama with a FULL SIZE C bearing that is heavily lubed.

6 Likes

Pretty big fan of the butterfly AL, G2 respawn, and one drop deep / deeper state

5 Likes

Weekender or Deep State. I haven’t tried the Deeper State.

If you want it more for string tricks, I have a Confusion GT, I’d sell you.

3 Likes

How does the g2 respawn play?

2 Likes

I enjoy it a lot, I like the size, the gap width, and the feel in your hand. It’s more of a butterfly than a Duncan butterfly. Plays very smooth

2 Likes

Are you looking for it for 1A or 0A?

1A: Recess First Base
Though I haven’t tried the Mk1 Contact responsive yet, and I suspect that will be amazing in that configuration.

0A: ZipLine x Doc Pop Daytripper

3 Likes

Respawn

6 Likes

Seeing this reminded me I had preordered one of these! I had totally forgotten!

6 Likes

Here is my list from a silimar thread. Not much has changed expect the Day Tripper has been added after the Confusion. Don’t get me started on woods…

Favorites Responsive Metals from top to bottom

1. Moonshine V1
  2. Deep State
  3. Confusion
  4. Day Tripper
  5. Weekender
  6. OG Alleycat
  7. Daytona SB
  8. Deeper State
  9. Burner
  10. Sherpa
  11. Cold Fusion GT
  12. Tom Cat / Black Cat
  13. SB 2
  14. Gamer
  15. SB-Ti
  16. Alleycat 650B
  17. Respawn
  18. Moonshine V2
  19. XP 55 Alpina
  20. Butterfly AL

Some I just play more semi-responsive or even as slimline unresponsive.

11 Likes

My personal faves are the Weekender and the Wenga Bloodcell I got from Spinworthy. Other basic great ones are the deep state, confusion and depending on what you want anything made for looping. Good Luck!!

2 Likes

Budget - Recess First Base
Pocket - One drop Deep State
Regular - Alley Cat or Weekender

4 Likes

I got a butterfly AL for that classic feel :grin:

5 Likes

But it’s number 20 on the @Exmime list!!!

5 Likes

lol I’m living on the wild side

5 Likes

The Butterfly AL isn’t terrible, but it was for me a bit of a let down being a Butterfly purest. The hype got to me, its smaller in diameter than the OG plastic and the wood original. They used the shape of the 3 piece wood remake model from the early 2000s throwback realeases. Also it was not a Duncan A bearing. The small diameter and the big bearing just made it harder to set up. There was so much potential wasted I feel, as this could have been the modern responsive for a generation. But that being said, its still a yoyo, so its a lot of fun to play either way its set up responsive, semi-responsive or unresponsive. They can’t all be at the top of the list.

4 Likes

I think I’m going to get a respawn as well

1 Like

Alleycat’s are still my favorites

3 Likes