What is The Best Responsive?

Back in the day throwing a yomega brain twister or a fireball would bring so much joy so i thought id find a modern responsive yoyo and relive the old days but what is the best one out there?

2 Likes

What material are you after? Does it need to be metal?

2 Likes

it doesn’t need to be anything except responsive

3 Likes

This is a vague question tbh. Do you want something with a bearing so that it lasts long enough to do string tricks and/or combos with a tug return, or are you looking for something to do stalls and other modern 0A tricks with? No yoyo currently exists that checks the boxes of both categories.

2 Likes

the question is broad not vague, a yoyo that will return without the need for a bind

2 Likes

TMBR wooden yoyos are good.

4 Likes

i didn’t realize you created a cery similar topic earlier

1 Like

Really, you want to argue semantics? As a responsive thrower, I put both of the categories I mentioned into two separate categories of yoyos. It is like asking for the best unresponsive yoyo, and choosing between the Grail and the Draupnir.

If you want a long spinning responsive, stuff like the Alleycat 650b, Deep State, Quiz, and (my favorite) the Weekender are great options. The great thing about the Weekender is that it is the closest to being a jack-of-all-trades yoyo that is capable of doing stalls and trick combos alike. However, none of these yoyos are optimal if you are looking for a 0A style yoyo for doing stall based modern 0A play.

If you are looking for a yoyo to do modern 0A stall based stuff, I recommend a wood fixie. As for what is available, TMBR yoyos are about the best you can get, but imo Spinworthy Glen makes the best yoyo in the business with his beech KNack.

4 Likes

i don’t want to argue semantics, thank you for your opinions on responsive throws :grin:

2 Likes

So in the end what kind of yoyo are you looking for? As for “re-living the old days”, id got for something like the Quiz since spin time used to be important back then. Or maybe just a simple modern responsive plastic. I don’t have much experience with those tbh, but Butterfly XT, Duncan Freehand, Replay, and slim bearing Sk8er are all good options.

Oh yea, I forgot about the other responsive yoyo option - 2A.

so i was all about spin time back then. lately ive tried the alleycat and hated it, so hopefully that helps narrow it down a little

1 Like

if your looking for a budget option the the butterfly XT is a great throw

2 Likes

Wood for pure 0A, Weekender, Quiz, in that order then. If you have not experienced playing with fixed axle then you need to do yourself a favor and give it a shot. Admittedly ive never tried an Alleycat, but from what ive seen from opinions it is like a bridge between the similar Deep State and the ‘closer to 0A’ yos like the Weekender and Quiz. If you are looking for straight nostalgia, plastic might be the best option.

For other responsive wants id recommend the Daytona SB highwall, but it is out of stock and severely limited in quantity.

2 Likes

thanks ima look into those

i have a butterfly xt and i dont like it but maybe the al might be better

Here’s a video with my thoughts on the matter.

5 Likes

What about looping yo-yos? I guess starburst knocks them out of contention.

2 Likes

Daytona Sb highball.

25 made… period

From what I’ve been told🤔

It would be nice, though, if there were more and everybody could afford spend $300 to get a responsive yoyo😳

3 Likes

If you want something that feels like an upgraded Fireball just grab a Loop 360 or a Whip. They feel old school but with better response.

3 Likes

Im a fan of the old Spintastics products. However… Without sounding too cliche…I was at Disney World last year and stopped by the Duncan store. I bought the “Drifter” and really enjoy it. Looks like Yo Yo expert sells it.

4 Likes