Modern Responsive

Personally, I didn’t care for the Confusion, and let mine go.

1 Like

Here you go, hope this helps some. Just did my favorite responsive yoyos for this comparison.

Here are the weights for you. I didn’t take strings off of all of them, and my scale isn’t the most accurate, but the numbers below should be close.

Flying V - 66g
OG Alleycat - 58g
Alleycat 650b - 52g
Basecamp Moonshine - 61g
Zipline DayTripper- 47g
Walter - 65g
Theodore - 69g
Luftverk Daytona - 63g
Duncan FH1-AL - 66g

To me, play wise the one that plays the closet to the Flying V is Spencer’s Theodore. But the Flying V has it’s own shape going on. High wall with a flared V upper, high wall H shape? It’s a really great yoyo, if you can find one I’d snag one. If you don’t like it with the slim bearing, or a greased up Large C, then you’ll love it unresponsive :slight_smile:

Alleycat 650b - Flying V - OG Alleycat

Duncan FH1-AL - Flying V

DayTripper - Flying V - Basecamp Moonshine 1

Walter - Flying V - Theodore

Flying V - Luftverk Daytona

15 Likes

Spectacular, thank you! Now time to hunt down one, lol.

2 Likes

Hope you find one! I got this one from Ed a couple/few years ago. Always wondered if it was the one from this video. It’s a really great yoyo, one of my never leaving the collection yoyos.

8 Likes

Same

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d never let it go either.

ed rocking out on that thing, likely is the same one.

1 Like

So I saw this and spent some more time trying to figure out what it is that makes me not like it.

Had I only ever played fixed axles I’d probably not be so bothered by it. it’s heavy but stalls decently andIi can do most of the fixed axel tricks I’m accustomed to. That being said I’ve also been playing with the Daytripper RBC and Mijo. All three are lighter still stall and 0a well plus they have the ability to do short 1a tricks. So to me the Gamer is like an extra heavy wood 0a that doesn’t stall as well or loop as well. When switched to a dry c bearing it snags randomly. I’ve tried thinner string even. With the slim c bearing and thin string it vibrates while sleeping because of the pads rubbing on the string. Maybe I got a bad one maybe my expectations where already set too high. I understand the concept just not happy with the outcome.

2 Likes

Y’all win. I added an RBC. Their shop is about thirty minutes from my house. The micro bearing is something else. I appreciate all the advice.

9 Likes

My “shop” is actually just my home office. Cool to see you here!
You should stop by the Atlanta yoyo club on the 30th: https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/throw-live-atlanta-yoyo-club/295398/309?u=markd

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’m pretty busted up and don’t get out of the house much or I would absolutely join y’all.

1 Like

Damn thats a bummer, sorry youre not digging your Gamer. Sorry if its been said already, is yours the most recent Lite run or standard gamer? Mine is tbe most recent run, ands smooth and not snaggy at all unless I do Trapeze, but just sleeping and 0A play its snappy and reliable. To be honest I’ve since added a single DifeYo Thin Shim and it makes it 1A capable (boingy boing, brain twister, buddhas revenge and cold fusion so far) but still reliable for 0A.

Does the Gold colorway have the same finish? Really thinking about grabbing another to live in my pocket.

1 Like

It’s a bit glossier/stickier. Can still pull start just fine though!

3 Likes

Thank you. That being said Am I crazy for trying to hold out for another Red run or has that ship sailed?

We don’t have any current plans to make another run. Definitely underestimated the demand for red, but there’s enough of other colors available that it doesn’t make sense to order more right now.

4 Likes

That’s what I figured. Thanks, I’m sure you’ll be churning one out eventually. People are literally in love with these. :joy:

I made the same decision, honestly I’m so happy I did lol

1 Like

I need to look at more yoyo photos like this. I need to develop a deep respect for the scratched yoyo finish.

4 Likes

Well, I hope my yoyo budget increases soon, or you decide to make more when the current stock runs out.

I’ve been having that same problem with my gamer I just got

1 Like