Misery loves company... Any club jugglers here?

That sounds like columns. I work and work on that because it is a prerequisite for Factory and some other tricks I want to learn. It’s hard to get clean throws though.

2 Likes

I tried it today and remembered that what I was doing was the two outside balls or clubs at the same time and the inside one opposite while alternating hands.

I could do it pretty well today with balls doing I, L, I R. I’m not even sure if that counts as juggling. Edit: I think it is juggling. It’s just the W pattern, throwing the ball straight up in the middle. Instead of the middle ball going to the opposite hands, the hands alternate to the ball.

I could also do it pretty well with the outside balls at the same time if I didn’t alternate which hand was doing the inside ball.

This thread is getting interested in juggling again! :grinning:

4 Likes

This is cool. I need softer hands or a faster processing speed…

2 Likes

First juggling club meet in over a year last week.
Over the past year I have improved my 3 club cascade to where it is pretty solid, I try to do 3 to 6 hundred catches or more each day. I feel like I did enough ground work to understand and incorporate the tips people suggest. I was able to make an adjustment to what I had been practicing pretty easily, still working on it, but it is so much easier when you can have the 1 on 1 of somebody showing you and explaining the advantages of different throws.
I had almost forgotten how much faster you learn when you are around real people. The juggling and yo-yo and spin top communit(ies?) is/are pretty amazing.
And anyone on the fence about juggling, get off the fence and start dropping stuff. Chances are next year will come around whether you do or you don’t, but if you start now…

4 Likes

I admire the dedication, sounds like you are able to do some impressive stuff!

Im still, well, getting there. After hitting a wall with not being able to juggle 3 balls with consistency, I kinda stopped for the past month. Picked up two balls today, and now I feel like im back to square one. I wish I could practice more, but I now work second shift so I come home in the middle of the night. Juggling is kind of loud, so ive been just breaking out the yoyos more cause I can do it more discreetly without waking the whole house. 3 clubs, one day.

1 Like

All I can tell you is it helped me a bunch to watch people’s hands, the scoop motion and hand and elbow placement. Also count the beat of someone who is juggling a regular cascade. You may be surprised how slowly it goes, don’t rush the throws, and keep your hands low and wait for the ball to fall, you have plenty of time. And millet filled juggling bags are pretty quiet.
Actually there is one more thing, I almost convinced myself I couldn’t do it. It was really hard for me to get the hang of it, but if you can yoyo, you got the skill to juggle, it just is kind of a miserable learning curve!

1 Like
2 Likes

Summer project! Just staring out, practicing a higher pattern, is already making a difference. Don’t know if I will ever get it, but the general consensus is that I probably shouldn’t procrastinate any longer.

2 Likes

This has begun many a pursuit.

Get it.

Or as I was told," It’s not ‘I can’t do that’. It is 'I haven’t figured it out yet".

Here’s to the pursuit.
:beers:

2 Likes

Ooh right on time, I’ll drink to that, thanks!

2 Likes

Get in on the action.

1 Like

These are… fat! Really fun, never messed with rings much, but these are a totally different feel. Cuz they’re fat!

2 Likes

These are fun. I never messed with rings before, it surprises me how different it is than clubs, but you use lots of different muscles. Maybe because you release and catch higher.

2 Likes

How well do they “Frying Pan”? I always loved to do that with rings. One of mine broke and I’m not sure where the other two went. I might get these if they’re good at that.

1 Like

One’s broke and the other two are lost. Were you in the Navy?
Show me a link to the frying pan trick, I am not familiar with many ring tricks and I couldn’t find a reference to it.

2 Likes

It’s simple. You toss one ring up perpendicular to the ground with as much spin as you can put on it. Catch it with a ring held horizaltally and let it spin inside!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, what could go wrong? I will try it tomorrow outside when it’s cooler and I find my mouth guard.
I can tell you this about them, they bounce more than flat rings. On tile if you drop them they bounce right back to you. I will check out how slippery they are tomorrow, right now i am tangling with a 14.6 abv goose island bourbon country stout, and it’s winning.
Wait… did you say horizaltally??

2 Likes

Woo! Just got gifted some more props!

2 Likes

Ok, tried the frying pan trick today. The fat rings are super easy to catch and they spin straight up and down, no wobble or tipping, but they do scrub off speed a little quicker so you can’t do it for as long as the skinny rings. You might have a better spin than I do though, it was the first time I tried it.
Fun trick though!

2 Likes

You tried it on some skinny rings too, or do you only have the fat ones?

1 Like