Misery loves company... Any club jugglers here?

Clubs are hard! I am not the best ball juggler, but I am having a hard transition to learning three clubs. Just busted my lip good with a Duncan club, they are hard as rocks. I put racket tape on the handles and they are much better now, but the molded knobs are hard! This has been a dangerous week for me and skill toys, but I am improving a little. Should have started 50 years ago but I can’t worry about that now…
So any accomplished club jugglers out there? I have a few dozen questions…

4 Likes

Yo! im not super great, but am proficient in toss juggling (balls, bounce, clubs, and rings) and contact juggling/ball stacking. What would you like to know? i may be able to answer at least a couple ??s you may have. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well right now I need to do more time to even get to the real questions, but I am wondering one thing about my pattern (such as it is). It seems like I have to throw higher than I want to in order to get anything going. I don’t know if I should continue so I can get used to the catching and throwing, or if I should try to force myself to throw lower and just drop more??

1 Like

@JWaugh really loves juggling

1 Like

Yeah but not clubs lol

2 Likes

Throwing two clubs is so peaceful, adding the third club is like standing in a shower of baseball bats.

4 Likes

clubs like to be juggled a bit higher than balls. With balls, just over your eye brow line is good, but clubs is over my head for sure. Practice the spin control and where you catch it more so than height. Its important that they all are close to the same height. Dont be afraid to step back to a single club and really get a feel for it. Catch where the handle starts to get into the body, near the balance point.

3 Likes

I should have asked months ago, that is the best tip I have heard yet! It took me forever to figure out I needed to choke up on the grip. I just realized that a week ago and it is starting to feel much more (controllable)… But it’s also like starting over.

1 Like