Misery loves company... Any club jugglers here?

I agree. Even with centrifugal force I’m not so sure that’s possible.

But I don’t fully doubt it either. I’ve seen things😉

:exploding_head:WoW

1 Like

He missed like two things the entire routine. Imagine what his low percentage stuff would be like!

2 Likes

He had me at the suitcase with the tap in it.

3 Likes

Based on the way he handles the rings (flicking them sometimes before placing the glass and then the wobble after placing the glass), I’m pretty sure there is a mechanism helping to stabilize the it. Since his dismount is always popping is straight up, I would guess that there is some kind of rod(s) or pin(s) that hold it steady while being swung and thrown while still allowing it to be hopped off.

Still very impressive, though, even if there is a little bit of “magic” involved.

3 Likes

This “best of” juggling video is amazing! I think my favorite part is around the 15 minute mark where he is juggling like 6-7 rings while bouncing a ball on his forehead. Insanity. Honestly makes a 1A competition routine look easy.

2 Likes

I think that there is a weight or sand or something in the ring keeping the force exerted focused at the cup during a spin.

2 Likes

Even if it’s locked into place, he doesn’t spill a drop! Unless there’s some mechanism for that as well…

I bet if we were on a juggling forum, this would more of a known entity. In other words, recognized as a discipline practiced by several/many.

1 Like

Awesome display of centrifugal force.

3 Likes

Reminds me that, with some fellow jugglers on a French forum in 2004, we worked around Mills Mess and some of its variations.
I ended up creating this video:

The video is quite crappy, but the training to understand and juggle these patterns, which we didn’t even know if it was possible, was a great time !

3 Likes

Far be it from me to give advise to anyone on the merits of higher or lower education. But this is interesting.

2 Likes

Well, kendama juggling tricks led me to pick up another hobby. As much as id like to try juggling clubs, I need to go back to the basics. I learned 3 hand juggling as a kid , but never past the shoddy 2 or 3 repeats until I dropped them all. I just got some beanbags and plastic balls and am aiming to juggle 3 balls with casual ease. Any advice for a noob? Day one, and im just doing a 2 ball flash over and over just to familiarize myself with the throw and catch.

1 Like

Well… getting started was very frustrating for me, so my first advice would be dont give up!
Ask questions about specific issues as they pop up, but some general advice is to keep your elbows close to your sides and don’t reach up to catch, let the ball fall into your hand. If you study someone doing a 3 ball cascade, their hands aren’t moving very far to throw and catch.
Also try to get a sense of the timing, juggling looks like a panic but it doesn’t happen that fast. Watch a vid of someone juggling and focus on the rhythm of it. Try to adjust your throws to the same timing or beat. The tendency when you are learning is to rush the throws because you feel like you have to free your hand for the next catch, but you will find you have plenty of time if you keep your hands around waist level and wait for the ball to make its complete arc. Most of the time there is only 1 ball in the air at a time. Learn to hold the second throw closer to the time you have to catch the incoming ball.
If you are having to walk forward or backwards to chase throws, that’s your wrists bending down (forward throw) or tilted back (coming at your head). Keep your wrists in line with your lower arm and you will juggle in the same plane just like throwing a break away with a yo-yo.

2 Likes

Also, as tempting as it is to use 3 hands, you really should just restrict yourself to 2 hands from the start. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Now that you mention it, three handed juggling is way too advanced for this discussion.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice dude, ill keep that in mind. And yea, watching juggling videos really just shows you how calm they are (unless it’s high level stuff ofc). Slow and smooth practice will be sure to eventually look fast just like in yoyo. Im just starting off trying to alternate throws with 2 balls. I never put in the time with the rudiments as a kid, and as such id always just crash and burn after getting slightly more reps than a flash and just dropping one.

@Myk_Myk - At what point should I introduce the third hand? Maybe I went too fast too quick before.

3 Likes

If you are juggling in front of a group, always wait to whip out your third hand. Always a show stopper, you want that for the finally.

4 Likes

Lol, funny clip :smiley:

Well, I put in like 20 minutes today and am now juggling two balls 10+ times before I drop one. I think I finally understand that the ball you catch first is the one you are going to want to throw next in an intuitive way.

2 Likes

Happy 423 day. If I could do this trick with clubs I would quit my job and become a juggler (join the circus??).
Anyways I already quit my job, so I guess I’m half way there.

3 Likes

I used to try to do that W pattern with both balls and clubs, but instead of tossing the middle one back and forth, I had it stay in the middle going straight up and down, and alternated my hands in to throw it. Does that make sense? Do you know what it’s called?

I never mastered it.

1 Like