Mini yo-yo - Help me choose

This is my favourite mini ($20 shipped)

7 Likes

Is there an English name for this throw?

It’s called the Aoda The Littles.

Talked about it a bit here:

I’d highly recommend one, but I’d change the response to flowable silicone.

4 Likes

So I have an Aoda Little, YYF Heist, and both versions of the popstar. They’re all fun to throw but I find that I snag a ton when throwing them. Any recs for strings that may work better for mini throws? Should I just pick up some Kitty thin or something?

I also own a YYF mini Avante Garde. Do yoyo’s that size count as “Mini” also? It’s significantly bigger than the size of the aforementioned yoyos but is still quite a bit smaller than many “normal” sized yoyos. It’s small but not tiny like the other yoyos. That plays wonderfully and very much like a full sized yoyo.

1 Like

Kitty thin is what I use for my popstar and it works pretty well. Keeping the string shorter than you would on a regular sized yoyo also helps.

I’ve been cautiously optimistic to see more companies go back to A bearings for specific projects. Back int he day, I was Team C over A all the time for unresponsive. But wit the evolution in design/response since then, and the idea that designing a responsive bearing yoyo is okay again, I’d like to see more choosing of the “right” bearing instead of the common one.

Not to crap on your decision or anything. There’s a lot to be said for valuing standardization. It’s not like there are a ton of custom A bearings or response systems out there these days.

3 Likes

Diamond Virgin.

Agreed. 50 is undersized. I’d consider anything under 50 to be in the mini category.

I own an Aoda Littles, and it’s awesome. It’s actually the reason I’ve held out on the Loonie. If I’m not mistaken, the Loonie is touted as a more modernized premium version of the Littles.

2 Likes

I have two of these. They are excellent mini yoyos.

4 Likes

Anyone here try and have an opinions on the One Drop Dingo?
How rare do you think they are to find through BST? I think I might need a green one of these at some point.

They okay yoyos; very much a product of the time. Spin and stability is nowhere comparable to undersized today.
They show up from time to time on BSTs but I don’t recall green ones, although I also attempt avoiding green yoyos (to no avail…), so YMMV.

2 Likes

Thanks 8bit :slight_smile:
That’s all I need to know!

Can you or someone provide a picture with something for scale. Like a banana or a Duncan imperial?

Thanks in advance

You have good taste @Egon. I would buy them all again, if I were in your shoes.

Executive is probably the better playing that you listed.

Loonie is cool, but I feel like you need specific thin string for it to play well.

I have the 66% Stealth Ogre and gold-rimmed Edge Beyond and prefer the SO. But the EB plays just as competently.

But of all the undersized I own, XP47 still gets the most play.

3 Likes

Littles-extra

4 Likes

I haven’t played a Dingo. I’ve always wanted one, but by the time I started looking for one again, people started hiking up their prices. Since they don’t come up often, people like to ask for too much imo.

But I only came here to confirm that green Dingos do exist.

one-drop-dingo

4 Likes

So I was sold on the Aoda Littles but can’t find a seller that ships to US. YYE doesn’t have the Stealth Ogre… First world problems

2 Likes

@twitch77 did you find that pic of the six yoyos online? The top two yoyos on the left are named backwards. The purple/gold is The Busine$$ and the red is the Ministar.

3 Likes

Just from a random google search.