Mini yo-yo - Help me choose

Big Deal or the legendary Mighty Flea.

Look, those Yo-Yos are quite a (Big Deal) because they basically started the whole full-SS thing

But you just can’t go wrong with the Snack
A good cheap alternative too is the N8 Dare To Do

1 Like

The mighty flea is extremely fun to mess around with. I use mine a lot actually.

3 Likes

Lucky you, I can’t convince my parents to get me one because it’s actually quite pointless in everyone’s view

It’s as much a yoyo as any other man!

1 Like

I tried the 66% edge beyond at nats and it is so much fun

1 Like

Is that what used to be the standard? The Snack was the smallest yoyo I’ve owned. Maybe it’s undersized and not actually “mini”?

I shift my pocket yoyos around, but I ALWAYS have either the Flea or the Big Deal in my pocket!

One of the huge pluses about about them, is that with the short string, you can easily play standing in line or even sitting down.

1 Like

Definitely undersized, there was a time when you could have a 50mm as your main throw and it was normal, I feel. Also 50 is about the smallest you can go and get great performance. When you get smaller than that it starts getting into novelty territory.

For me it was a weird transition moving up, because I was learning unresponsive on an 888, 5150, and C13.

5 Likes

I have a mini Frehand keychain on it’s way to me.
I’d be happy to sell it to you. I’ll do it for cheap…like $30 or so!

/giggle
/inside joke
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I actually lean more towards novelty with this one. I just need something that’s convenient enough to carry all the time and big enough to stop a plane hijacking with a forward pass to the face. The Zippfly definitely met that criteria so something around that size. Something like a GenXs is way to big.

@twitch77 I actually prefer my bangers mint in package. But the FH mini I have left won’t fit in my pocket.

3 Likes

Ministar 2 or Masamini depending on how small you want it. I’ve owned quite a few undersized throws and those are the cream of the crop.

1 Like

I also just got one of the bgrade pop stars and its really fun im a big fan. It can bang out nice little finger spins really fun

3 Likes

I also will throw in for a popstar B grade. I have one. They are pretty fun and well worth the money for a beater.

Sorry about your zipfly. I sure am enjoying it though. :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t be sorry about the Zipppfly. It served me well and it will do the same for you. If you love something, let it go.
It was time for a change after about 17 years together. On that note can you believe that thing is in that good a shape for an everyday carry of 17 years? That’s the quality of Dif-e-yo. I’m feeling out of the current lineup of minis the Loonie is going to be the closest in terms of durability. I’m definitely getting a B popstar but don’t like the economics of paying $5 shipping on a $10 throw so will wait a bit. But I think I need one of the 66% as well because they are beautiful and I like the idea. Still contemplating, you should see me trying to decide what to drink when I see a wall of choices at 7-11 that can take all day

2 Likes

The 66% line and Loonie are all good choices. I would say the 66% Edge Beyond, for example, is much more playable than the Loonie right out of the box. Less of an adjustment period getting used to it. I felt like I wanted a thinner string and definitely shorter when throwing the loonie (not that that’s a bad thing) whereas with the 66% models you can get away with a longer string. Loonie has them beat for pocketability though.

6 Likes

Yeah, if you want novelty and pocketable the loonie is a solid choice. I’ve put it in my pocket several times and forgot it was even in there.

1 Like

Snack.

The answer to this question is ALWAYS the @DocPop Executive. It’s the best mini/undersized that’s ever been created. Hoping that there will be an A bearing version in the future, because I think that would be a blast to play.

5 Likes

We almost went with an A bearing on launch and I’m kicking myself for not doing it. We prototyped an A and C bearing and felt the A played slightly better, but the difference was so small that we decided to stick with the C because it was more standardized and allowed players more options for customization.

7 Likes

Would Selena Gomez count as a B grade popstar?

… I’ll see myself out, sorry.

6 Likes