Mini yo-yo - Help me choose

Got rid of my zipppfly and now it’s left a big void in my yo-yo life. I need a new mini, not because they play great but because they it the pocket better than a full size and I like to keep a yo on me at all times because I have this crazy notion that I’m going to stop a robbery or abduction with a forward pass to the face one day.
I need help picking a new mini. I’m feeling the Loonie. The executive has gotten some good praise, and the 66% stuff looks interesting (Edge beyond especially)
Can I get some input to help me decide. Even if you don’t own I’d like to hear what you think on any mini’s out there. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I am not sure how good b grades are for Popstar but I love mine.

4 Likes

I like my popstar too…but if I ever decide to pick a nice mini up…think it’s going to be an executive. I like how it’s not insanely tiny like the loonie/fly/flea…plus it came in green! lol

–edit–
Just looked the zzzip-fly up on google. I guess it’s not as tiny as I thought!

3 Likes

Masamini is a really playable mini. I have one I’d trade ya for… well you know what… lol.

1 Like

Only 10 wing wangs for a popstar B. 80 for the executive. I’d spend that much but I need to be convinced.

2 Likes

How small do you want to go?

The Deep State fits really nicely in the pocket, because it’s slim. It’s best responsive though.

The Loonie is a good bit smaller than the Zipfly. I played one at a yoyo meetup, and I was really impressed with it! It was the previous version.

The Popstar is fun, and cheap. Fingerspins are a blast on it!

2 Likes

Yeah! It’s hard to beat $10 for sure!!

2 Likes

Input for the Loonie, plays wells. It’s wide for its diameter so holding it for a comfortable throw took me a few tosses to get right. Honestly getting a holder to carry a full size yoyo on your belt loop is the route I go. Why sacrifice play ability. The only thing the mini yoyos are fun for is doing tricks on the toilet.

2 Likes

Someone gave me this and I don’t even know who makes it, but it’s pretty cool.

Anyone happen to know?

4 Likes

Monistat 2 is the best performance wise if you can find one:)

2 Likes

That’s a String Theory Singularity.

6 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

The Recess Snack is a solid choice

5 Likes

I like my genxs and my dingo is the bees knees if you can find one. Really kicking myself over selling my Hashtag as well.

1 Like

I only play the Old School Throws Medallion… tungsten or GTFO

7 Likes

Secretly crying that 50mm yoyos are considered mini to people now.

9 Likes

No 66% owners out there? Or are they not that good. They look dope. I like the novelty of a super tiny throw but also just something completely different sometimes is refreshing. My current everyday carry is a Lyn Fury. I love the shape, hate the o-ring response feel. Would like to go smaller than Lyn.

Good feedback so far really appreciated

1 Like

That Old School Throws Medalion looks awesome but I intend to make this my everyday carry so I do t want to invest that much on something I may lose or that will be getting scratched up in my pocket.

2 Likes

Depending on your budget the 66% edge beyond can really pull it off. I mean, have you seen Evan push it to its limits? Its insane!

3 Likes

I have an idea. You send ME a 66% Edge Beyond. That way, I will be an owner of it. Then I can tell you that it can perform the rudimentary tricks that I can also perform, thereby allowing you to purchase it based on a recommendation from an owner. Win/win/win.

5 Likes