Metal Rimmed plastics

I like how you didn’t even bother looking at what we’ve talked about and acted like a five-year-old.

Well, if this thread has gone to this…

IT’S CALLED A SEMI-PLASTIC YOYO. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

How about “partial plastic” yoyo.

Most of these types of yoyos are primarily of plastic construction with the addition of metal components. Calling them “partial plastics” would be rather misleading, on the same level of “metal-rimmed plastics”.

The name “semi-plastic” has a nice ring to it IMO. Other alternatives include “semi-metal”, "half-metal, or "half-plastics.

ANDRE who made one said it’s a HYBRID!

Daniel is going out of his way to upset you. Just leave it…

And Andre himself said that it’s not appropriate because the term is easily confused with hybrid response.

Next please.

Maybe I’ll call them:

Metal Rim Plastics.

Which is what I proposed initially, but somebody proposed an even better alternative –
“semi-plastic”.

Or “composite yoyo”

Or “metal-weighted plastic”

Let’s say them all then.

They all mean the same thing.

Except for “metal-rimmed plastic”, which is not entirely accurate.

What’s confusing about it?, the KickSide is a hybrid, the original Dark Magic is a hybrid hybrid, the original Hitman was available as a hybrid or a hybrid hybrid. Even though YYJ have stopped doing hybrids you could easily turn your Classic into a hybrid. I imagine you could do the same to the new RingMaster which looks like a hybrid version of the Classic.

Simple really, don’t see why using “hybrid” would cause any confusion at all…

Hmm, you have convinced me. Maybe hybrid isn’t that bad at all…

I’m just going to keep calling them Bimetals, I don’t care if its incorrect terminology.

Ohhh, what have I wrought???

Yoyos :wink:

^
this

We call dollar bills paper money, even though they’re cotton, silk, linen, and paper.
It’s incorrect, but it’s not really misleading because everyone knows what you’re talking about. I understand what the argument is for calling them something else, but it’s unnecessary to change a term like this when it’s already been accepted and understood for years. Call them whatever you want, as long as you convey your point and others understand what you’re referring to, it’s all good. bi metal, metal rimmed, duel material, bi material, doesn’t matter.

Also, the vast majority of people on this forum that won’t look at this thread aren’t going to change either. no reason to try to set a new standard.

That is a horrible analogy. Calling it bi-metal is like calling bank notes “cheques”, which they are not because it refers to something else.

My analogy made sense, your simile didn’t really… That’s nothing like calling bank notes checks, because bank notes and checks refer to different things, as you said. Where as bi-metal and multiple material (or whatever other suggestion here) refers to the same thing.

I was saying people use the term paper money to refer to bank notes, even though it’s mostly not paper. But people understand and accept that, even if it’s technically wrong.

The point is, “Bi-metal” already refers to something else. That’s why I made that analogy, to show that yours don’t realistically portray the situation.

What else does bi-metal refer to? I’ve only ever heard it in reference to plastic-metal hybrids.