Lets talk about the Peak

Wonder if it’ll ever see the light of day again ???

1 Like

Pre-OG. Holy crap doood. xD

Lucky find haha. Traced some roots from the old YYN board and found the owner… luckily he was out of throwing!

Interesting to know that works, have thought of doing the same thing, but now YYN is down :frowning:

It saddens me too. Most of the rarer pieces in my collection stemmed from a YYN contact. I haven’t heard back from Chris Allen… not looking good :frowning:

That’s like the holy grail. I’ve had a dream once where I found the Green Boyd Peak at a yard sale haha. There was an old man and he was like I use it as a paperweight, but for 2 bucks it’s yours because it’s so damaged. ;D ;D ;D

same here great minds think alike haha

Mine should finally arrive tomorrow~ ;D

1 Like

Let us know what you think!

It SO good! I really really like this throw. I like it more than the WM2 I had before. I’m shocked. And it’s SOooo pretty! I’m smitten.

Can you walk the dog though.

When people ask to me to do that in real life, I usually respond with a smile and say “I can but I choose not to. Its a matter of choice not skill” and then I wink in a fast non-creepy way. Its worked well as a response so far. haha 8)

Nice! I had the “Peak mini” (wooly marmot 1) of that same colorway.

Mine has a certain sound that my other yoyos dont have. Even if I put in a silent bearing there is a slight sound. I dont know how to explain it. It doesnt bother me at all, in fact i kinda like it. I wonder if other peaks have a sound to them. ???

My old Torrent II would have this really cool ring to it, especially when I’d bind or flick it with a fingernail. Something to do with the acoustics I suppose.

my two peaks does not produce particular sounds.
Perhaps I did not understand what you mean

I think I have dialed it down to the bearing seat. Bearings seem to fit a little tighter on one side than on the other. It always had this kind of rattle during play. Not like a crunchy bearing, but almost like a tiny ongoing chime that kept sounding while in play.

I tried many different bearings and some were quieter (2 pixels, NSK DS Plat, OD10, Buddha Ripple) some were really loud (CTX, KK, Terripin X, Buddha Whipple, and other generic ones)  and I found one that was nearly silent (NSK DS Gold).

Now its really smooth and mostly silent. It almost seemd that the outer tracks of the bearing could move the tiniest little bit and that was causing that sound. I just didnt know if that was nature of the beast of a unique quirk of that specific one.

It was a sound similar to this, but its ALOT better now.

Mine does have it’s own sound, almost a slightly hollow sound.

Future runs of Peak 2 Confirmed! Not a one shot, but added to the line up. HUZZAH!

3 Likes

I really want to get a raw one for coating!