Let’s talk 3D printing

Yes OD 10ball and these center tracks seemed best. Generic concaves were no good.

Thanks!

It weighs around 61-62g (I think?). I don’t have a scale, but PrusaSlicer says filament weight is 58.5g + 3g for bearing, axle, and pads. I’d say it feels like low 60g’s in play. Size is comparable to an OD Terrarian. A tiny bit wider, but near identical diameter. I have hollow triangles in the body to move weight to the rim. Here is the cross section and a pic next to the Terrarian.

2 Likes

Reviving this thread with some pics of recent prints.

Anyone use a Prusa Mini? I think I need two or three.

10 Likes

I’d love to see how one of these would turn out if I mounted it on a lathe and wet sanded it.

3 Likes

Decided to try something new and add some colors… more pics soon

8 Likes

The color job and the side effect bearing seat/guts look great @Kray. Don’t think I’ve seen anyone dye a print before.

1 Like

And here she is :dancer:. To color or not to color. Thoughts?

12 Likes

Both are nice!

2 Likes

Good answer :fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

More one drop hubstacks on the bed :grin:

6 Likes

I am very interested in these!

2 Likes

Here I posted them a while ago:

1 Like

Just scored a new Ender 3 pro for 99$ at Micro Center with a promo coupon. Now I can print twice as many yo-yos!

5 Likes

I got that deal too from a friend who had the coupon. Never used a 3D printer before, but looking forward to trying it.

1 Like

Nice! Happy printing!

2 Likes

Thanks. Please don’t block me when I start bugging you for help!

2 Likes

Happy to help!

I use Fusion 360 and Prusa Slicer.

Here is a good setup video if you haven’t already set it up.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m just starting Fusion 360 beginner tuts now before I jump into printing anything. I’ll probably do some stuff for the kids at first that I can download, but I want to focus on design before I just start printing for the sake of it.

1 Like

I am pretty familiar with AutoCAD civil 3D so the transition to F360 wasn’t too bad, but I watched all of the “Product Design Online” YouTube channel Fusion 360 tutorials.

1 Like

Printed some jigs to help set consistent gap width.

10 Likes