Let’s talk 3D printing

Genius!

1 Like

What kind of filament are you using, and how did you figure out the SE guts?

Are you press-fitting a metal axle in between those screwed-in components? Is that why you need to set the gap to a specific size? Do you add some kind of adhesive to keep it in place? Do you make the threads exactly the same exterior dimensions on the bolts as the interior dimensions on the yoyo-halves?

Some yes. Some no.

Just looking to set repeatable gap widths for testing purposes.

Yes

Axle pieces are scaled down 1%

3 Likes

The white one I am using right now is a PLA.
To measure the SEs I used a caliper.

1 Like

Next project is in progress

9 Likes

Killer deal! Wish we had micro center in Indiana. They always have killer deals on stuff!

2 Likes

Are these promo codes available still?

1 Like

They were good until they were all gone as far as i know. They had a giant stack of them still at the MicroCenter in Atl.

1 Like

Told me they are $199 with no way to generate a code. Whatever that means? TY!

Here is the link to the promo code @beherenow . It’s for new customers and they send the coupon code via text once signed up.

2 Likes

New printer on new shelves with lights!

12 Likes

Is the concrete slab under the top printer to reduce vibrations? My old Sony turntable has these gel feet for that reason. Nice setup! Thanks for the link.

Oh wait, Lego bonsai !

2 Likes

Does help a bit for vibe, but it’s more for sound reduction. The sound is amplified by sitting directly on furniture/table, etc. Concrete is on foam also.

2 Likes

Nice setup!

2 Likes

The last month of 2021

14 Likes

Just finished longest print to date (54 hrs).
Hogwarts for Christmas present.
Turned out WAY better than I thought it would! I was really sweating it on those bridges.

19 Likes

Wanna see your Timelapse

1 Like

I tried to set up Octoprint, but couldn’t figure it out and got frustrated. Bought the raspberry pi and everything. May try again soon.

Have you found that the red gasket maker is better than clear flowable silicon? I had some of the red stuff (Permatex brand) and used it a couple times, and then my dog poked a hole in the tube (thankfully still inside a ziplock bag) and I bought some clear flowable silicon. I’ve only used it once, and I don’t think I can tell a difference.