Let’s talk 3D printing

thats an interesting kit, where did it come from

added my last design for now, the 3DM, a 3D printed dark magic

ForYoSa - 3DM

3 Likes

Freshly Dirty just released them. They are called the “Stem” system. Kind of like the old school SPR kits and the Fluid Dynamic kits. These are a bit of an improvement on both of those designs because it has knurled posts that lock into the back of the spacer with an o-ring. Super cool system. They are currently C bearing but they also have a D bearing one too. They are interchangeable with each other.

3 Likes

Ohh I didn’t realize they had them on the site. I do need a pair of the d bearing seats

Printers been offline for a few weeks due to minor maintenance issues intersecting vacation. Back online and at it now (though honestly probably at reduced capacity due to the heat :hot_face:).

This is my newest counterweight design. I call it the Blackberry.

12 Likes

One of the coolest counterweights I’ve seen in a while!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

8 Likes

@Kray always ahead of the curve.

1 Like

Actually already two years old :smile:
I think Chunkies has also a nice berry design

2 Likes

I like yours better :joy:

1 Like

They do. It uses bigger overlapping spheres and fewer of them. I was going for this one still feeling vaguely diamond shaped.

I would keep the surface profile low then you have less problems things get caught in it. But just my opinion :smile:

1 Like

This is a good idea. I was thinking of using a larger sphere size or something similar.

1 Like

I think I scaled my smaller spheres a bit along a virtual circle to keep the cavities low.

Heat has had me sidelined recently. Printed a few small things last night. Notable yoyo related one was this simple barrel weight.

I have a few tweaks to make and honestly am not in love yet.

6 Likes

Wanted to try the super Scintillator, so I printed my own version

8 Likes

Playing around with some designs using the Stem system. Ive been trying different widths and infill. The white one I went wide and did 100% infill around the rims then everything else was 30% leaving the total weight around 64g. Will post the stl soon if anyone wants to print them.

10 Likes

What are the dimensions and how does it play? I’ve been printing some designs with the stems too and its a blast.

Been working on making a printed version of my original design yoyo, going to sell diy kits later on.

3 Likes