Let’s talk 3D printing

thats an interesting kit, where did it come from

added my last design for now, the 3DM, a 3D printed dark magic

ForYoSa - 3DM

2 Likes

Freshly Dirty just released them. They are called the “Stem” system. Kind of like the old school SPR kits and the Fluid Dynamic kits. These are a bit of an improvement on both of those designs because it has knurled posts that lock into the back of the spacer with an o-ring. Super cool system. They are currently C bearing but they also have a D bearing one too. They are interchangeable with each other.

3 Likes

Ohh I didn’t realize they had them on the site. I do need a pair of the d bearing seats

Printers been offline for a few weeks due to minor maintenance issues intersecting vacation. Back online and at it now (though honestly probably at reduced capacity due to the heat :hot_face:).

This is my newest counterweight design. I call it the Blackberry.

9 Likes

One of the coolest counterweights I’ve seen in a while!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

6 Likes

@Kray always ahead of the curve.

1 Like

Actually already two years old :smile:
I think Chunkies has also a nice berry design

2 Likes

I like yours better :joy:

1 Like

They do. It uses bigger overlapping spheres and fewer of them. I was going for this one still feeling vaguely diamond shaped.

I would keep the surface profile low then you have less problems things get caught in it. But just my opinion :smile:

1 Like

This is a good idea. I was thinking of using a larger sphere size or something similar.

1 Like

I think I scaled my smaller spheres a bit along a virtual circle to keep the cavities low.

Heat has had me sidelined recently. Printed a few small things last night. Notable yoyo related one was this simple barrel weight.

I have a few tweaks to make and honestly am not in love yet.

3 Likes

Wanted to try the super Scintillator, so I printed my own version

4 Likes