Let’s talk 3D printing

Gonna start printing soon. Got some stuff I’ve been fiddling with but haven’t had any time for but I’m getting back on it.

7 Likes

I think I have to disassemble my hot end and repair a fan but I’m waiting for a replacement to arrive in case it’s not salvageable. Printer is working ok it’s just loud and overhangs are messy.

2 Likes

The white one is the biggest at 51mm wide 57 dia. 64g. They all play great. Some have more vibe than others and I believe its because the different infill. So I have been experimenting with that. Im going try out using some weights next instead of just infill to see how that does.

1 Like

In my experience upgrading the cooling shroud can be really advantageous too. I reprinted my personal one and it made a big difference.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea. I had an awful time accessing the screw to remove the fan from the existing shroud, and the printables look mostly more open.

1 Like

Found some ways to extract height and path data from different sources and create the area I live in.
Fun stuff

9 Likes

I’m not huge into the meme of printing parts for your printer, but in this instance I had to replace a fan and the duct work no longer worked so I printed a new shroud and duct assembly. Testing it out today.

Before:

After:

7 Likes

Made another Stem Design. This time I wanted to make something a little more organic. Maybe not organic enough though and a little too wide but it plays good. Went with Tim Burton style stripes.

Weight: 65.3g
Dia: 55.7mm
Width: 50mm

Will upload STLs soon if anyone wants to print. Or just DM me and ill send them over.

9 Likes

I love how “Beetlejuice” this is.

3 Likes

Printed a couple more with the Stem system. This time I wanted to print some undersized. The purple is 50mm dia and about 64g. Unfortunately I need to tweak that design as the string kept catching near the bearing and turning the yoyo.

Then I wanted to try making one with TPU. This one is 53mm dia and 66g. This is probably my favorite one so far. I did have some issues printing but that’s because I need to tune my print settings and need to dry my TPU. But the cool thing about TPU is it feels great and is basically indestructible. The downside is it takes a long time to print TPU.

If you want the stl just DM me. They are all free. I just haven’t had a chance to upload to printables and makerworld. Some of them I may not upload at all because of flaws. And if you want the cad file I can send you that also. Just let me know.

7 Likes

Tpu has such a nice finish too. Looks fantastic. I can’t print tpu. It’s just too much hassle on my ender 3. Eventually I’ll upgrade cause I feel like I’m hitting
A new wall every time I upgrade this thing

1 Like

New counterweights design. Was a bit tricky to print with TPU supports.

8 Likes

I want to ask something, would anyone here be willing to help me out with a print? I used to be able to print here at work, but the person who did the printing got moved. I wanted to print a wrist rest I found on Thingiverse. If anyone has some PLA laying around and wants a couple of extra bucks, let me know. I’d appreciate it. This mouse is SO CLOSE to perfect, just needs a little bump.

Where are you located give or take? I’m happy to print it but if someone’s more local with a printer then might be more economical. Beauty of 3d printing is being able to print things close to home and reduce logistics

1 Like

New Mexico here. Not sure if I have anyone local. I’d seen some fb listings but they were also sketchy haha.

Do you have the file ready to go?

I have the links to the Thingiverse listings. I’ve never tried downloading and slicing them myself.

1 Like

I am in NorCal! If you want I can print them and ship them over. Let me know :grin:

Im out toward DC. Tman might be a cheaper / faster shipping option.

1 Like

I’m in AZ and also willing.

1 Like