Let’s talk 3D printing

What kind of rig is everyone running? I’m casually shopping for an upgrade…

2 Likes

I’ve got a clunky ender3 v2 neo I’m getting ready to replace out of frustration. Ever time I fix a problem something else fails. Now my cooling fan is having issues after fixing the thermistor issues

2 Likes

I run a prusa i3 MK3s+. I have expiremented with the MMU before but I am back to single material printing. I want to get a MK4 someday but it would take me a while to save for it :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

My Ender CR-6 SE has been mostly reliable. I replaced a few things. I’m trying to get speed and multicolor :grin:

1 Like

A few local libraries where I live have put together some pretty nice maker spaces which usually include a 3-D printer or two. There is usually someone there who is happy to help or in this case might just print it for you.

2 Likes

I have a Bambu P1S. Works like a charm

1 Like

The library I do club at has a nice maker space if I need to do tpu it’s the place I would have to go as I can’t get those temps and I don’t have direct drive.

Thank you, T Man is gonna give it a print and see if the file works out. Fingers crossed! Thank you everyone for reaching out!

2 Likes

I live in a very small town with a very small library. We don’t offer things like that sadly. I’m hoping my work can spare a small printer one day for me to learn though, now that the 3D printing class got moved!

2 Likes

You can get a great printer (Ender 3 S1) with auto bed mesh leveling and direct drive for about the same price as a new A-rt mono metal. 25$ more and you can get the A1 mini, which is amazing.

4 Likes

I was REALLY hoping to hold on to my Mecha Bape, but here you are, tempting me with the ability to make and prototype whatever my little, overworked heart desires.

1 Like

Get the A1 mini! You’ll be glad you did.

3 Likes

Honestly if I could go back there’s a part of me that would loved to have started on a A1 mini but I’m happy for the learning (sans frustration) I got out of the ender

3 Likes

Sounds a lot like my first experience with “professional photography”. It was a Canon F1. Absolutely no idea what any of the buttons and knobs meant, but I had to learn FAST because film is expensive haha.

I was eyeing the a1 mini, but I want a slightly larger bed. One of our vendors might give me a work discount on an AnkerMake though. I’m gonna say you all are bad influences and forced me into this. Appreciate it though haha.

3 Likes

Get the standard A1 if you want a larger bed. None of the other printers I’ve used come close to the speed and quality of the Bambu. I’ve found any money I saved on buying other brands I more than spent on buying and printing “upgrades”.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve probably doubled my costs by upgrading my printer and the results are t even that much better

1 Like

I have no experience with Bambulabs but I can attest to Prusa’s customer service and quality. They have always been really helpful if I had issues and I have had an amazing time using their machine. Almost all of the errors have been my fault :joy:

I know Bambulabs and Prusa debates can get heated and I don’t want a crazy one to start on the forum :crazy_face:. I think competition between two top level companies will give us better products from both with cheaper prices to boot.

Very interesting. Speed and quality are always great. It’s a lot more than the Anker I’m eyeing, but it seems to be good stuff. I am not a fan of their privacy policy. I’ll read more into it on your recommendation.

1 Like

I second the bambu lab machines. The speed and quality are great but the ease of use is unmatched. In my experiece you hit print on other printers are have to wait to make sure the first layer goes down well. It works 9/10 times but the one time you don’t watch it, it fails. I have a couple hundred print hours on my bambu machine and I’ve had no errors. I agree the private policy is a tough pill to swallow but you always have the option of not sending the prints over the cloud and just using micro sd cards. For the record prusa is also great you just end up paying 2x the price for a slower machine.

I’ve looked a lot into the hobbyist 3D printing market to make recommendations for a class I taught. Feel free to send me a dm if you want to chat about it more.

2 Likes