Let’s talk 3D printing

Side effects?! Do you post STLs anywhere?

Had a friend print this for me :grin:

7 Likes

Super clean :ok_hand:

1 Like

Very awesome of you!

1 Like

i was asked by a few folks if you could do wood burning on a wood pla print. sadly, wood pla is still mostly plastic so it still melts long before it burns which is disappointing but makes sense. however now i know i can fix a print with a soldering iron so thats neat.

Also burning PLA is so bad for you :sweat_smile: when I was working on my printer and burned some pla the smell stayed in my nose for at least 24 hours

1 Like

Yeah I realized that quickly. I was wearing a mark outside for this but other endeavors have taught me don’t play around with my air ways.

1 Like

I wanted something a bit chunky and bigger as usual for today.

3 Likes

Morning fellas, haven’t been posting recently, but I have been working on a new 3d print throw.

the whole printing process only uses PLA, but you can use PETG if you like.

I have put the models on printables, here’s the link

https://www.printables.com/model/915897-foryosa-sweet-potato-ball

If you printed it and have some thoughts on it, let me know!

5 Likes

These look fun! I’ll try to print one soon but need to buy hardware.

1 Like

On a little side quest today. Printing Raider spacers and axles. The axle is just to validate fit of the model; I’m not actually trying to play it :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

More shapes

7 Likes

Oh nice! Those look really good!

1 Like

I’m slowly releasing them on printables for everyone to print and play!

6 Likes

Thanks! I will have to try them out :wink:

2 Likes

No problem, the left one files will be released this weekend

2 Likes

Hi all , i have released all yoyos that work properly!

ForYoSa - Sweet Potato Ball
ForYoSa - Three Dedge
ForYoSa - Sun Cake
ForYoSa - 3DBoomer
ForYoSa - 3DM

7 Likes

Welp this is the motivation I needed to fix my printer so I can get things going again

4 Likes

One more coming up later

5 Likes

Printed the smaller version and had a bit of an issue with the nut captures. Managed to get it to play ok with a bit of vibe but didn’t tune it completely. Then my stem kit arrived…

So today I adapted the stem kit to the existing one I had printed already. It’s worse LOL but I really do think it’s a pretty cool design. I see it’s been updated so I may print out the new version and see how that goes!

5 Likes