Let’s talk 3D printing

Wood and plastic were similarly responsive but the plastic had a small bit of vibe the first time I installed it. I removed it and cleaned it up and it’s better, but it definitely has a different feel than the wood.

5 Likes

Been busy.

Replacement TMBR axle with actual wood axle.

New proto: the Cardigan.

Also repaired my fingerspin butterfly where I fully cracked a half.

8 Likes

Play tests.

TMBR replacement axle.

Sweater Combo with The Cardigan.

10 Likes

Playing one of my older prints

8 Likes

I like that bright red. Reminds me of this one I printed a while back and the Big Sun.

6 Likes

Been playing around with them a little bit and printed some a little bit bigger and in TPU. Each ring weighs 3 grams. You were right though it definitely helped the performance. Ive really been enjoying this lighter yoyo.

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I was thinking about doing TPU too but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I bet it also changes the sound a bit too. May need to do a TPU set tomorrow!

2 Likes

Finished up the Headamame project a couple of days ago. Crazy cool how well these sound and feel. I do wish I had printed the cans at something like 0.20 or 0.16 instead of 0.36 but it’s not a big deal, they still came out pretty decent.

The filament I used for each part follows:

Cans: Flashforge PLA - Burnt Titanium

Spring + Center - Inland clear PETg+

Headband- Eryone Purple sparkle PETG

Headband Spring - Sainsmart Blue TPU (95a)

Band clips - CapTubes Thermochromatic Yellow/Green shift PLA

7 Likes

I have wanted to do these for a while😅 how is the bass?

Looks like a1 mini is in sale

1 Like

They are pretty great. I was really on the fence for a while it took a lot of self convincing to buy the parts kit haha! I went with the 40mm version and they are way better than I expected. Bass response is pretty good but if you’re a real bass head I think they recommend the 50mm version.

I definitely want to try the other drivers because I am super curious about how they all sound and compare to one another. I just wish the price wasn’t so damn high. I might just self source the drivers instead of ordering more kits. I’d say if you want to make them, it’s totally worth it!

2 Likes

199$ for the A1 mini is great!

2 Likes

An undersized unresponsive with Cabal guts. Pulse vibey. I forgot to put a sacrificial bridge in the through hole. Reprinting with changes.

9 Likes

Second print pulses much less. I’m not sure why this filament is bridging so much inside the cup. Maybe need to turn the fans down and cool slowly?

4 Likes

Does this count as a half swap?

4 Likes

That’s only half of a half swap

1 Like

It counts as super cool

1 Like

Russell style Hornet caps. Good fit on the blue side, too loose on the clear.

5 Likes

I wonder if I have maybe printed too many weights to give out at Nats :thinking:

7 Likes

Finally got my Printer set up to print PETG again! It is my favorite material so I am really excited. I made a new personal Throwdown with it and it turned out pretty nice. I am noticing that It plays slightly more responsive than the PLA version which is intriguing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes