Is Everyone Throwing CLYW?

I have a summit. But that’s it, and it’s all I use

Well yes, if you do not have the money for it of course do not buy it. Although they are definitely not cheap, their quality is amazing. I have a Yeti and it is great. I’ve never seen a plastic play this good, not even the rally (my opinion), and their summit is a master piece. I loved it from the moment I first threw it. Like I said there are other companies with good throws, but it doesn’t surprise me that their throws are in such high demand.

Have over 30 yoyo’s… Not a one of them CLYW.

They’re simply good yoyos

After about a year of buying yo-yos, I finally decided to give them a try. I started out buying inexpensive yo-yos, so I never really browsed to see what CLYW had to offer. After about a year, and after talking to a few people, I gave them a try. They definitely have some nice playing yo-yos. So, I have definitely grown to be a CLYW customer. There are still some models that I haven’t tried, many of them older models, but I own about 20 CLYW now.

I own a ton of YoyoFactory, and they have blown me away the most, and are my favorite. They happen to make a lot of yo-yos that suit my tastes, and I think that’s why some people might prefer one manufacturer over another.

Definitely glad I began buying CLYW though. My favorites so far are Chief, Cliff, BVM2 and original Arctic Circle.

1 Like

I don’t have a CLYW. I like oversized yoyo, and Auldey and c3yoyodesign is my choice.

Have you thrown a Cliff? I know it’s shaped very uniquely but it’s so good!!

i have about 7-8 yoyos give or take, but sadly dont have the money to get a CLYW :frowning: ( no hate whatsoever to clyw tho, u guys are awesome :smiley: )

Another reason I don’t have expensive yoyos: Most of them you cannot unscrew without damage to the axle or having to tune them. Yoyofactories you can unscrew however many times you want on nearly every single one without damage.

The only CLYW I’ve had that was picky about axle placement was the bonfire. Every other throw played the same after being taken apart dozens of times. Very few of the all the high end throws that I have owned have ever needed tuning, and the ones that did required little work to get them right.

I personally have never stripped a yoyo, but I think if someone ended up somehow damaging an axle or threads then that is user error. You kinda have to try to do that kind of damage.

1 Like

I must be unlucky then lol.

Can’t go wrong with the chief.

1 Like

Yes I have, but Ares Star is just better for me.

I have 3 cause all the cool kids have them and I want to be a cool kid.

I saw Regina George throw a CLYW so I got a CLYW.

I just bought the Wooly Marmot II last night so I guess I’ll be throwing CLYW by Wednesday hahaha.

No not everyone is throwing clyw, they are in the minority really.
However they are the status symbol of the moment. Like you are not anybody if you are not throwing clyw, or YYR.
So the people who have them tend to talk about them more, picture them more and generally make sure people know they have one or a million.
Kinda’ like anti yo of yester-year. You would think everybody used the bape but really it was a small % of the community who did.
I have a CLYW it is the yeti. Its good. I would like a canvas. Chris is a great guy to support and I would probably have more if I didn’t have the “won’t pay over 60$ for a yoyo rule.” This rule generally works fine but clyw’s just don’t drop into that price range often.

I’ve owned quite a few CLYW’s, and I keep trying new ones because there has to be something that makes them stand out. Unfortunately, the only CLYW I’ve owned that I really liked is my Gnarwhal. I’ve traded all of the others. I’ll keep picking them up though to try the different models. So far I’ve owned 4 Chiefs, 2 Yetis, a Glacier Express, a Cliff, and my Gnarwhal.

I too used to only throw undersized and yoyofactory was my go to throw. I later got into more midsized throws thanks to the pyro 3 and leviathan. I’d suggest you check out the cascade from onedrop since it might fit you pretty well and is loads of fun. The Something Angle is another undersized throw I loved.

I never liked undersized. I actually hated the 888. I thought I was weird for not liking it… sadness…

yeah I unscrew my canvas soooo much and it hasn’t developed any vibe.