Is Everyone Throwing CLYW?

They are. That’s why I said Chief as well.

I own 2 Peaks, 2 Chiefs, a Puffin 2 and a Yeti. The only one I ever really throw any more is the Yeti. I could honestly live just fine without any of the 5 metal CLYWs I have now.

This is very true. The Yeti is wonderful. With us being the consumers that we are, however, we must have options. ;D

Nope I don’t own a CLYW in my collection at all mostly I have been throwing my TP Paranoid.

I love CLYW yos it makes me want to collect every single one ;D

The Chief is a full-size. Not oversize. A Cliff is oversized.

I have around 50 yoyos and none are CLYW lol…Everyone has their own tastes but CLYW is the most popular brand nowadays. Not my style but good yoyos.

I currently own two CLYW’s, a glacier express and a cliff. I have owned 3 others however, a puffin, a summit, and a yeti. Are they great? Yes. Are they overpriced? Also yes. My current favorite throw is a deadly spins wrath, but my GE comes in second, with the cliff third.

I use to have 20-30. Sold them all because nothing compares to general yo:)

I recently traded my chief that I’ve had since 2011. It was good at the time, but now it’s meh.

Im showing love to all different brands. Currently I seem to be throwing some new/old YYF’s that are really smooth like my catalyst, 2013 superstar, avante garde II, and especially my shutter.

I’ve used all of the production models that have been released (even the marmot 2), and I can honestly say that I’ve loved all of them! They’re all so unique, and play really well, but what sells me a lot of the time when it comes to yoyos are the colors. I haven’t been disappointed by a CLYW ever.

Who machines CLYWs? I’ve heard One Drop does, or is it just for the Summit? Or do they have their own machine shop?

One Drop just did the Summit.

OneDrop Machines The chief (not the first run), summit, arctic circle, canvas and bonfire that I know of.

I’m not someone who can afford to buy and keep expensive yoyos forever at this point in my life. That being said, I have owned plenty of high end yoyos from a variety of brands. YYR, YYF, OD, Gen-Yo, YYJ, Rec Rev, and CLYW. CLYW is the most hyped brand in yo-yoing right now, and it’s for good reason. I’m not saying that all of their yoyos are amazing, but 2 out of the 3 yoyos that I will not sell unless I know I can get a replacement easily are CLYW’s. The Chief and the Canvas. The other is the KLR from Gen-Yo. I have to sell yoyos I’ve bought all of the time for financial reasons, but when all is said and done, and I decide to get out of the BST’ing, I will be keeping those 2 for life. Not all of their stuff is amazing, but most of it is. The Puffin 2 may be the next yoyo I add to that list. I had one for about 2 days when they first released, and I loved it, but an offer came along that I couldn’t refuse. I plan on buying one from the next run if at all possible.

I don’t think that the Marmot 2 will be in the same class as some of their others. I was amazed that they sold out as fast as they did. I just went at 10:30 just to see how many BBB YoyoExpert got, and they were all sold out. That yoyo just looks weird to me. Way undersized, and super wide. Who knows though. I didn’t think that I’d like the Puffin 2, but I did. If you’re just now getting back into yo-yoing, then you need to try a CLYW. If you can only try one, make it the Chief.

After I posted that I remembered they did do a few more… my bad.

CLYW is just the way to go man! There is a reason everybody is getting their throws. They are too good! Although there are many other good brands, don’t get me wrong.

Its really not the way to go. If you’re on a budget you can’t go around spending upwards of $155 on each yoyo you have. I’m not a CLYW hater, I do have a CLYW and it is very good. I just don’t believe they’re worth the money they charge for them when you can get something thats basically just as good for less.

People like them because they look cool, play well, and suit a ton of different styles. I have been extremely impressed by all of the 2014 lineup. I tried a marmot 2 today and that was awesome as well.