Introduce Yourself!

@PCon0718 Welcome to the forums !!! It’s never to early to start yo-yoing :grin: and I’m sure that your family will enjoy the hobby as well !!! You’ll be glad that you found this forum thanks to the dream you had Trust me :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you for your positivity ive been going at it everyday for at least 4 to 6 hours everyday because i work at home and my wife supports me 100% and yes she enjoys the hobby and seeing me learn and land new tricks im like a kid in a candy store again when i get happy on landing a trick i just know i can learn so much more about yoyoing i just want to absorb it all and learn it all

6 Likes

Welcome @Bigbaggyoyoer28 !!! I’m sorry if I confused you with my other comment for @PCon0718 I was welcoming him as soon as you read my post :sweat_smile: but I will also welcome you as well !!! The magicyoyo crystal is a fantastic plastic yo-yo and I’m sure that you’ll enjoy it. its great that you’re getting into yo-yoing and this forum is an awesome community filled with many really nice people and feel free to ask about any questions you may have about yo-yoing. Keep it up :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you so much does this forum do virtual lessons so people can see what im doing wrong and they can te)l me what to do to fix the way i yoyo

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums @PCon0718 and @Bigbaggyoyoer28!

@Bigbaggyoyoer28 you can just post the trick you’re having trouble with in the Yo-Yo Tricks category and I’m sure people will help you. Moreover, I think there are some people here from Maryland as well so they could meet up with you to help you. There’s probably a club you can join as well.

2 Likes

James Reed.

2 Likes

Hi all! My name is Britton, I’m a 35-year-old tech worker living in Tampa, FL. I’m new to yo-yo collecting/playing, and working on trying to learn the “first 50 yo-yo tricks” list.

I’m not having the easiest time learning from YouTube videos, but I will say that this community has been amazing and super welcoming. I look forward to practicing and improving every day!

Edit - just as a discussion topic, here’s the yo-yos I have currently collected: MK1xSpinworthy Red Blood Cell (I love it), Spinworthy thin Survivalist, 2x OD Deep States, and an Edgeless for my unresponsive practicing.

19 Likes

Welcome Britton! This is a great forum!
I personally think that YYE André Boulay is a great teacher if you haven’t watched him already:

6 Likes

Wow, thank you for the excellent resource! I love how the trick list is broken down by skill level. You are awesome!

7 Likes

Hey! Just getting started with yoyos but really interested in seeing the incredibly well designed yoyos and cool tricks. I picked up a Crystal and Confusion to get things spinning and have been having a great time with them!

17 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Jamesofyoyo, @100Love and @sir_gryphon! I hope that all of you will enjoy your stay here!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Happy throwing!

4 Likes

Hey all! My names, Michael and I’ve been lurking for awhile. I decided after getting a YYF shutter and a legend wing to join the fun since yo-ing (yo-yo-ing? Throwing? Throw- yo-ing?) Has taken over my brain. I grew up skateboarding and have recently got into yo-yos through Astrojax and Kendama. I’m an adolescent mental health technician and will be going back to school for comp si/engineering (Ideally merging the two.) I love the community and hope to be a worthwhile contributor! :kissing_heart:

19 Likes

Welcome to the Forums!

3 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad you got to know about yo-yos through other skill toys! There’s probably some threads about Kendama and Astrojax in the #unrelated-discussion section.

5 Likes

Welcome @Mooky!

As an aside from yo-yos, I just wanted to thank you for the work you do in the field of adolescent mental health. I’m glad kids and teenagers have good people out there to support their emotional development!

4 Likes

Hello! My name is Nikita. I’ve been throwing yoyos since 2010 and then stopped in late 2013. Only left OD P2 as my all time fav yoyo and never sell it. In summer 2022 I’ve accidentally jumped on yye and remembered all the good days and people connected with yoyos. This is my comeback :smiley:

21 Likes

Welcome to the forums Nikita !!! Yo-yoing has definitely changed since 2010 but the community is still the same :grin: now’s definitely a great time to make comeback :wink:

6 Likes

Hi Nikita, welcome back!

5 Likes